Goodbye my old friend

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
20170704_121952.jpg
Good by old friend. In 2008 Thomas Fielding gave me this machine when I left Blue line. It has ran and helped support my family ever since. This thing has made hundreds of thousands of dollars. It still has many good parts but as a whole it's time to retire it. The hour meter stopped working 6 years ago. So who knows how many hours it has. We have had several TMs come ang since but she kept making money. I feel like I am putting an old dog down. Rest in peace old Blue. Thanks again Thom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
I read that and thought Tom died..

That was aweful cool of him to give you that.

So what three units are you running now?

I think you should base your speech on your experience on the other side of the industry and how you went from a Vortex to a RAGE and still kill it.

Reactions: adamh

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
To Mike's point: Do you assign each unit's work to specific jobs, or are they in your opinion interchangeable?

F

FB7777

Hundreds of thousands?

Big deal...

After 9 years of service it should have done a couple million

Drop a load on the manifold and get over it

I can't wait to dump my 2005 7500 hour Butler off on some unsuspecting sucker

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
View attachment 73277 Good by old friend. In 2008 Thomas Fielding gave me this machine when I left Blue line. It has ran and helped support my family ever since. This thing has made hundreds of thousands of dollars. It still has many good parts but as a whole it's time to retire it. The hour meter stopped working 6 years ago. So who knows how many hours it has. We have had several TMs come ang since but she kept making money. I feel like I am putting an old dog down. Rest in peace old Blue. Thanks again Thom.

Are you taking it to salvage Adam?

Did the motor or blower or water pump go out?

How many hours would you guess?

Anything worth donating to someone?

Great to hear that it has done so well and treated the family good :)

steve_64

I couldn't wait to ditch my bane. It got donated to another cleaner a couple hours away who got ripped off.

I wonder how mirf felt when he sold me this WM. Probably how Fred feels like. But I love it!

F

FB7777

I hear ya Steve

The Butler has been an incredible machine, in 2005 my plan was to replace each Butler every 5 years

it's my frugality that kept saying "one more year... then one more year... then another ."

New Jasper rebuild in 2016, and random days down over nuisance repairs that has me saying it's time to buy new

The machine hasn't given me more than 5 down days in 12 years

For me , there absolutely is no substitute for Butler

J

JS41035

Hundreds of thousands?

Big deal...

After 9 years of service it should have done a couple million

Drop a load on the manifold and get over it

I can't wait to dump my 2005 7500 hour Butler off on some unsuspecting sucker
And I bet you get 10 grand for it. At least. I'm a broken record about Butlers resale value. I absolutely see how even frugal dudes trade for a new one every 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: FB7777

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
View attachment 73277 Good by old friend. In 2008 Thomas Fielding gave me this machine when I left Blue line. It has ran and helped support my family ever since. This thing has made hundreds of thousands of dollars. It still has many good parts but as a whole it's time to retire it. The hour meter stopped working 6 years ago. So who knows how many hours it has. We have had several TMs come ang since but she kept making money. I feel like I am putting an old dog down. Rest in peace old Blue. Thanks again Thom.

Lost in this discussion is Thom's kindness in giving you the machine to help you kick start your renewed cleaning business venture. I don't doubt at all that you more than earned it for those things you did for him and his business, but that gesture isn't something most would have done, no matter the value of the departing employee.

Thom was a lightning rod at times here, but we often miss the good people do in the midst of the other "stuff" that goes on around us, and them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Didn't take pictures But Scott McKay did :) Adam is on the road and probably about 1/2 way home. The cobalt most likely will be a parts machine. It has a ghost and a obsolete machine with a ghost is bad business for us. Being an "Organ" donator will help keep others up and running when new parts are not in the budget.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Richard,
I am glad to hear the V has been good to you. Your lucky to live next to John. I wish I wasn't 360 miles away. Especially since I spent all yesterday installing the new machine all by myself. I would have gladly paid John to do it.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The Legend has all power and Heat your 370 does.

We do tons of residential 150 feet or under. We run 2.5 inch hose for the first 50. We have a several commercial accounts but not more than 225 feet. When we do those bigger places we just take other trucks and park at other entrances so each truck only does 200 feet or so. Most places in Idaho have multiple entrance points and not a lot of sky scrapers around here.

Reactions: Mikey P and FB7777

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom