Google Adwords. Is it valuable to invest in?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just got an offer in the email saying that if I spend $50 on Google Adwords, they'll give me $100extra.

Question
1. What will I get out of $150 in Ad words?
2. How much will it help me?

I'm already in the top three on my local search in Google with the highest amount of reviews. So is it worth it for me to invest in adwords?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Try it and see. Thats not too bad a risk.

My personal opinion is yes. With Awords not only will your name be seen organically but now you will appear an extra time.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
[QUOTE="
I'm already in the top three on my local search in Google
. So is it worth it for me to invest in adwords?[/QUOTE]
No why would you until your rating sinks. I checked you on DuckDuck Go the non-tracking engine and you were the first non-paid.

roro

Reactions: BIG WOOD

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I just got an offer in the email saying that if I spend $50 on Google Adwords, they'll give me $100extra.

Question
1. What will I get out of $150 in Ad words?
2. How much will it help me?

I'm already in the top three on my local search in Google with the highest amount of reviews. So is it worth it for me to invest in adwords?
1. Not much
2. It might in a area you are not located in. Nearby town or suburb.

How busy are you? Booked out 5-7 days. Have you been that way for the past several years?

If answer is yes I would not. If you want to grow it works. Hire a professional to help you target and go for it.

It is great when used right. It is a waste of money if you try to DIY in most cases.

Just like carpet cleaning. How good of a job does a rental Rug doctor really do?

Congrats on the good reviews and placement in the search results.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
1. Not much
2. It might in a area you are not located in. Nearby town or suburb.

How busy are you? Booked out 5-7 days. Have you been that way for the past several years?

If answer is yes I would not. If you want to grow it works. Hire a professional to help you target and go for it.

It is great when used right. It is a waste of money if you try to DIY in most cases.

Just like carpet cleaning. How good of a job does a rental Rug doctor really do?

Congrats on the good reviews and placement in the search results.
That was the response i was hoping to see. Thanks for answering my question

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dude he didn't say it didn't work. He said spend more! :biggrin:

Depends on your area but I was told $1,000.00 - $1,200.00 to see a noticeable return. :eekk:
That's not worth the return in my area. Eddm is probably better than adwords. And I only got 1% return in that.

Name
Todd
If you like paying around $10-14 per click just to get some price shoppers then I would say yes. First you have to have Google collect all the unique IP's of your competitors because they will click on it too. That will cost you some money just having other companies clicking on your add knowing it will run up your cost to advertise. Luckily you won't get many repeat offends because they (Google) keeps track of that, Supposedly

Chris A

Name
Chris
We spend 5-600 a month and get a good return in our mid sized market. I have campaigns set up in a few suburbs that we work in the most

tres davis

Name
tres
What key words do you pay for Chavez? I always feel like I'm not thinking of the right search terms that people would actually type in when they have an emergency

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've got a list but I just turned it over to the pro's and quit trying to do it. I'd studied on lynda.com for awhile but there are just too many tricks to mess you up. With all the changes google is making on the page I decided it was necessary to spend more.

Only time will tell. Too early to get too excited but it looks promising.

tres davis

Name
tres
I'll let you be the guinea pig! I did a little on my own but those clicks were pricey and I didn't get anything from it. Prob just need to pony up and hire someone to do if

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not in a very online competitive area, so my opinion might not be accurate. But my results from being of being in the top three tell me that reviews and being active on Google + are more important than paying for Adwords. I've never bought Adwords and the main reasons are just I get plenty of online feedback from my new customers

Reactions: Desk Jockey

EdCleaning

Name
Ed Nurse
Google adwords can work, but it won't deliver the kind of conversions that your organic search ranking already does. Ranking high on google, especially in the maps section, is worth more than adwords is. I'm working to get there with my new website in Mobile, AL. Some markets are easier to get to the top, others are very very difficult because of the competition. If you have a carpet cleaning business in Chicago, for example, AdWords might be the only way that you can show up in the search results without spending a good deal with an SEO expert. But in a smaller town (like Toccoa?) you can get your website ranked without needing a professional (or at least a really expensive professional).

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm working to get there with my new website in Mobile, AL.

speaking of which....you appear to be on a posting spree....if the purpose of that is to reach the link posting threshold you might as well give up as I raised it to several hundred for you....just an fyi

EdCleaning

Name
Ed Nurse
People click more on the top 3 map results and organic results than they do the AdWords results. Of course you only pay per click with AdWords, but much less traffic. Search for search engine watch google local pack. There is an article that estimates 2 - 3 times as much traffic goes to the map results than the organic and six times more traffic than paid ads.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well, thats really bad advice.
Adwords is unlimited, you can choose just 1 service in 1 specific town for example and 50 other things.

Its not a black/white question, you can do whatever you choose to do with whatever budget you choose.
Maybe you just want to target rugs or stone in 1 area....

I would google udemy and take a basic online class to learn what you can do and then decide where it best fits your specific situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom