Google Phone

B

Bill G. Martin

Anyone going to go buy - look at the new Google phone by Verizon-Motorola tomorrow?

Orlando paper had big ad featuring the new phone. All Verizon stores to open early and will have extra staff on hand. Will this phone beat or exceed the i-phone?

Bill in central Florida

Name
George Valliant
Heck ya!

I would buy another. Been running the Google G1 (T-Mobile) since it became available about a year ago. T-Mobile has already released the 2nd version of the Google phone called the MyTouch. It was supposed to be called the G2 but some sort of legal battle with Gatorade broke out over the name since they market a beverage w the same name.

It's a hand held computer integrated with Google. You have to create a google account to use the phone. I run practically my entire business from the google phone.

Appointments, contacts, everything is synced with your google account so you can litterly flush the phone down the toilet and not lose a bit of info cuz everything is backed up real time.

The exact same Iphone apps are also available for the google phone without the heavy hand of Apple getting involved. Another cool feature is the built in google maps which blows the YellowPages out of the water. Whatever your searching for it will pull up a map and pinpoint your location via the built in GPS. Then you can see on the map who is closest and start dialing down the list. I had a locksmith on-site in under 10 minutes today.

I also use it to surf the net and post here on MB when I don't feel like firing up the laptop.

Yea, its a good phone with tons of features. The only problem is the stock battery is sort of whimpy but can be upgraded to the fat battery easily.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The google phone is great, but i cant use mine so i switched to a dash a windows based phone.. I can't open adobe files,word, excel files. with the g1. Wish i could

LeeCory

I will probably buy one since the Iphone in my area is not something that is good for making phone calls. The Iphone is the coolest phone for sure, but what good is it if you can't keep a call from dropping. If Verizon had the Iphone i would have purchased one a long time ago.

The only way an Iphone would be good is if you had another phone for making phone calls.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
using the new sprint android phone, the htc hero...

its way cool, never will i go back to a non-android based phone again....

looking at possibly switching to the other phone they released the samsung moment

looks like i need to figure out how to use the google calender

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom