Gorilla Carpet Cleaning trucks, shades of Bethel...

Billy

Name
BH
Well have Audra or Christopher hold the video cam and give us a walk around already.

LOL Sorry I couldn't resist just saying Yes........Im trying to look thru & see what I have but may have to get off Audra's computer later.

Nothing majorly fancy just what works for us.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Any MBrs close to Tulsa wanna take a field trip and snap some more pics?

Name
James Longley
Gorilla truck box questions

Like to address a few questions on Gorilla truck Box www.gorillatruckbox.com
1) no pics on back of truck? Sorry website a work in progress. Just added a back view of truck to website. show 3 R175 DU's setting in back compartment The production model will hold 4 of that size of DU's with Room to spare or RX20 & Portable carpet machine, dirt dragon etc. Size is about 5 feet wide by 43" deep. Bottom line a lot more room than a standard van.
2) Heat, You can order Truck with optional 28,000 BTU heater or 40,000 BTU heater that heats while you are driving, works off your engine coolant. There is also vents to allow heat to flow into all compartments.
3)We can add a sushi bar and ice chest to cool down the Sapporo for a price?
4) Color, we can do purple, really any color for an up charge.
6) Water Tank, Hard to see in pictures but we have 150 gals Stainless steel Fresh water tank that sets behind reels. The area for reels is 36" by over 6" deep and could easily hold Hydramaster Cradle tank or other reel tank combos.
7) waste tank, Waste tank sets on slide with Truck Mount and will slide out of box for maintenance.
8) Sliding platform, Will hold most any truck mount with a 2500 lb capacity, I say most because we have not measured them all, but will hold all HydraMaster and Prochem.
9) Price, The Base Gorilla Box is $24,395 Plus Options, Chevy Trucks Start about $28K and up depending on option like 4 wheel drive for you guys up north. So starting at about 52K for truck and box not including the equipment you want to put in it.
Thanks for the interest, if you have more question Ph. 918-250-9000

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Like to address a few questions on Gorilla truck Box www.gorillatruckbox.com
1) no pics on back of truck? Sorry website a work in progress. Just added a back view of truck to website. show 3 R175 DU's setting in back compartment The production model will hold 4 of that size of DU's with Room to spare or RX20 & Portable carpet machine, dirt dragon etc. Size is about 5 feet wide by 43" deep. Bottom line a lot more room than a standard van.
2) Heat, You can order Truck with optional 28,000 BTU heater or 40,000 BTU heater that heats while you are driving, works off your engine coolant. There is also vents to allow heat to flow into all compartments.
3)We can add a sushi bar and ice chest to cool down the Sapporo for a price?
4) Color, we can do purple, really any color for an up charge.
6) Water Tank, Hard to see in pictures but we have 150 gals Stainless steel Fresh water tank that sets behind reels. The area for reels is 36" by over 6" deep and could easily hold Hydramaster Cradle tank or other reel tank combos.
7) waste tank, Waste tank sets on slide with Truck Mount and will slide out of box for maintenance.
8) Sliding platform, Will hold most any truck mount with a 2500 lb capacity, I say most because we have not measured them all, but will hold all HydraMaster and Prochem.
9) Price, The Base Gorilla Box is $24,395 Plus Options, Chevy Trucks Start about $28K and up depending on option like 4 wheel drive for you guys up north. So starting at about 52K for truck and box not including the equipment you want to put in it.
Thanks for the interest, if you have more question Ph. 918-250-9000

Thanks for the updated info....Item #3 looks like it has a lot of potential for other things....Nothing like a wet bar on your truckmount to entertain your clients.... LOL

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like it...I like it a lot.....I can see a few things that are not to user friendly....but nothing that can't be fixed......but for just a base price with no frills....and then add in equipment and everything..your almost up to A/T box truck prices...........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I was thinking......

what would be cool, is a quick on/off feature...

for those of us who like to use our trucks, as trucks at times...

back that thing in, lower some stands, uncouple a few cotter pins or something of the like, pull truck out.....go over back into your bed...quick latch it on, do your weekend stuff, and bam reverse it...

hey can those doors, be insulated?? because thats great it can heat while driving, but what about parked, and plug in a heater???

Billy

Name
BH

Trying to compete with my Fridge I see LOL

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
James Longley
I like it...I like it a lot.....I can see a few things that are not to user friendly....but nothing that can't be fixed......but for just a base price with no frills....and then add in equipment and everything..your almost up to A/T box truck prices...........

I appreciate the feed back can you be specific on things that you feel are not user friendy, look for just than kind of feedback so i can fix. What is a A/T box?

Billy

Name
BH
Do you have a plan for transporting rugs? I assume it could be used on a Ford?

It is an interesting setup for sure & similar to what I thought of for a smaller truck accept I was thinking of roll-up doors.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was just looking at my old truck.
06-10-21HappyTruck054.jpg

nice thing about it was I was out of the rain, or snow. Nice thing of the GTruck is easier access to everything.

I did think of one issue. There are 10 doors on that truck to make sure are all locked at night, and 10 to open up again. Add another $1000 to the price and put in power locks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I appreciate the feed back can you be specific on things that you feel are not user friendy, look for just than kind of feedback so i can fix. What is a A/T box?

the solution reel up top would be very difficult to reach and roll up....access to anything on a top shel would be hard...there really is not anything to step on safely to remove anything....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
picture grabbing that handle and reeling it to the back of the reel and back around....I don't think it is going to be as easy as you think....

I am 5'9.....and more times then not...that top reel stretches me up toward the back side.............

PA020967_zpsfacb632f.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
now picture yourself standing in front of that rear tire with the bottom real digging into your navel cavity...trying to get that back stroke on the reel...........

95 % of the carpet cleaners out there are in there 2nd trimester and don't have arms that drag on the ground.....and even if we did..I think it would be a tough reach........

nice set up BTW.....

gorillatruckboxcom2014-1-28202625_zps453bf16e.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

Billy

Name
BH
now picture yourself standing in front of that rear tire with the bottom real digging into your navel cavity...trying to get that back stroke on the reel...........

95 % of the carpet cleaners out there are in there 2nd trimester and don't have arms that drag on the ground.....and even if we did..I think it would be a tough reach........

nice set up BTW.....

gorillatruckboxcom2014-1-28202625_zps453bf16e.png

View attachment 3758

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My arms aren't that long, my longer legs keep them off the ground :icon_cool:

I see your point. That would be something to tweak. perhaps simply lowering it closer to the other reel, or just having one reel. Or, have the soln and water hoses wind on the main reel. All you have to do is secure the hoses so when reeling one, the other doesn't interfere

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Billy...that would be worse then stepping in and out of that box truck all day....

not to mention..I don't think it is going to be wheel well friendly.......

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My arms aren't that long, my longer legs keep them off the ground :icon_cool:

I see your point. That would be something to tweak. perhaps simply lowering it closer to the other reel, or just having one reel. Or, have the soln and water hoses wind on the main reel. All you have to do is secure the hoses so when reeling one, the other doesn't interfere

how about 2 electric solution reels in the compartment under the machine.......and a pull out step in the bottom boxes to help reach the stuff on the top shelf's.....

Reactions: tmdry and hogjowl

Billy

Name
BH
Billy...that would be worse then stepping in and out of that box truck all day....

LOL It was just an idea for the vertically challenged.

I had more trouble getting in & out of our old Ford Van (Too tall to not be on my knees) than I ever have the BigbearTruck??? I guess I don't understand the issue or maybe my step is different than other box trucks? Our only issue was when we had too much clutter on the floor which made it a little precarious walking around in the box.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL It was just an idea for the vertically challenged.

I had more trouble getting in & out of our old Ford Van (Too tall to not be on my knees) than I ever have the BigbearTruck??? I guess I don't understand the issue or maybe my step is different than other box trucks? Our only issue was when we had too much clutter on the floor which made it a little precarious walking around in the box.

when you work out of it all day long...it starts to wear on you at the end of the day....

my bumper is about a 1 foot step and then about another 2 foot step into the back....
My van set up...everything at my finger tips and my feet never leave the ground...

Billy

Name
BH
when you work out of it all day long...it starts to wear on you at the end of the day....

my bumper is about a 1 foot step and then about another 2 foot step into the back....
My van set up...everything at my finger tips and my feet never leave the ground...

I resemble that remark LOL

I know for sure that you do more business volume than us but we do work out of our truck or I wouldn't even bother making it over. Difference we only average one or two jobs a day out of ours with a full day.

I could never fit all I like to have in a van again or at least I don't think so. Not saying I will never have a smaller truck again just don't think I could offer all my services in same visit. Example we have a past client with a large house to do Thursday that will Include Carpet, Hard Wood, Mattresses & Upholstery in one day if all goes well. We could do that job out of our truck on any day without adding any equipment at all.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
excluding the hard wood floors...everything you mentioned I have set and ready to use on the van...If I did hard wood...I have the room for what I need....

everything that is on my cab over I have on the van....just smaller quantities....all the tools...all the chems...everything is there...
you carry way more stuff then any normal cleaner that I have ever seen...there is a ton of things in your rig that really make no since for everyday cleaning....

But...if you got the room..use it I guess.......

anyway...this thread is not about our trucks...so back on topic....

Bet I could carry more on it then in my Van and still have some room left over...more so if you can put things down the center....

I could not find a picture of what the inside center looked like......

Name
James Longley
excluding the hard wood floors...everything you mentioned I have set and ready to use on the van...If I did hard wood...I have the room for what I need....

everything that is on my cab over I have on the van....just smaller quantities....all the tools...all the chems...everything is there...
you carry way more stuff then any normal cleaner that I have ever seen...there is a ton of things in your rig that really make no since for everyday cleaning....

But...if you got the room..use it I guess.......

anyway...this thread is not about our trucks...so back on topic....

Bet I could carry more on it then in my Van and still have some room left over...more so if you can put things down the center....

I could not find a picture of what the inside center looked like......

The idea of the Gorilla Truck Box is there is no inside center pathway, everthing is excessable from the outside of truck. With this design you dont have the wasted space of a pathway down the middle to access you shelving. With doors all away around truck we effectively use ever inch of space. The design was set up for companies those main business is Water restoration. This truck is emergency service ready to handle most reidential water damage claims, and is set up with standard hitch to attach to a trailer full of air movers and DU's for larger claim. With that said is is custimizable for companies that do a variity of services. Example if you do Carpet Cleaning, tile cleaning, wood floor cleaning, The back compartment will easily hold a RX20, Floor machine like cimex, Dirt dragon for wood floors, and a extra portable carpet machine if you need it. The air mover sheves on drivers side are adjustable and can be adjusted for airpath air movers or air-pod for fast carpet drying.

Reactions: kingjoelking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom