Got a Color Seal job on a Marble floor coming up..

SJA

You are ok as long as the grout is below the tile. Did you do a demo? What kind of marble? Is it polished? What color is the grout? What color are you going to color it?

Gary T

Do a demo first. You'll want to see if the color bleeds into the marble. The top may be polished and not porous, but the sides are just saw cut and may be very porous. I haven't had a problem yet but have only color sealed a couple marble floors and you just never know.

Mikey P

Administrator
The grout is just below the surface. Mapei Biscuit.
Don't know the name but it's grayish and whitish, very ordinary stuff and polished.
Scratched too. I'm going to run the Monkey Pads over it first.

SJA

Sounds good. Do it like any other job - just make sure you have a good supply of chamois. Wipe more often and make sure you are cleaning up the colorseal very well as you go. Call me before you do the job.

David Gelinas

Hi Mike,
Did you get a chance to do the above job yet? As Gary pointed out, my biggest concern would be staining the stone from the color wicking in from the sides, how’d it go?
Also, how’d the Monkey Pads do? Did they remove the scratches, leave the stone perfectly smooth with no texture and bring up a factory polish? Did you have to powder polish when you were done?

David Gelinas
Marbleguy

Tile Nerd

Mikey P said:
The grout is just below the surface. Mapei Biscuit.
Don't know the name but it's grayish and whitish, very ordinary stuff and polished.
Scratched too. I'm going to run the Monkey Pads over it first.

Are you gonna use the OP or 175? Are you gonna bring both just to be sure?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom