Got a huge job coming up. How long?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I landed an Alzhimers assisted living center. It's 14,000 sq ft of carpet consisting of 30 rooms, hallways, and common areas. I teamed up with another local cleaner who will help me bang this out. There will be two truckmounts running. His Everest 650, my SS870, and three guys. Two guys will be wanding and i'll be using a CX-15. We may also have a Zipper on the job, but not sure yet. How long do you guys estimate this job will take me to knock out?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I landed an Alzhimers assisted living center. It's going 14,000 sq ft of carpet consisting of 30 rooms, hallways, and common areas. I teamed up with another local cleaner who will help me bang this out. There will be two truckmounts running. his Everest 650, my SS870, and three guys. Two guys will be wanding and i'll be using a CX-15. We may also have a Zipper on the job, but not sure yet. How long do you guys estimate this job will take me to knock out?
7-8 hours

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Just follow this format and youll be all set. Take account for the alzhiemer roamer density tho, highly variable.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1498071729725.jpg
    FB_IMG_1498071729725.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 130

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
need more info to give any realistic time estimates

moving furniture?
if so, a little or a lot?
14K sf building or is it's 14k of measured/exposed carpet to be cleaned ?
If 14k building, there won't be 14K of cleanable carpet with file cabinets, tiled baths, kitchens etc

will you be vacuuming ?

contingent on how much furniture needs moved and tab'd....
...if a lot, add a couple laborers so the wands never stop moving (they'll also manage hoses)

No laborers to move 'n tab furniture (if applicable) biggest impediment to production I would envision would be all the people in the place.
Its essentially a giant residential job full of "special needs" kids

could be anywhere from a little as 5 hours to blast out, on up to "what a clusterfook this turned out to be"

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Open areas 1200 feet an hour for the first few hours dipping down to 1000 an hour by the second half of the day.

Congested areas 8-900 feet an hour dropping down several hundred feet also over time.

I agree a fourth would help keep hoses out of the way and keep production up by rotating operators.

CX 15, have you used that thing before? If not a big job is no where to fook around with it. You're going to want to get in and out of there.

Any new tool like that can be counter productive if you are not familiar with its operation.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Expect to slurp a LOT of pee in the rooms. Uturn is your friend.

I use Saiger'sCide in the rinse water to freshen up the atmosphere. Dunno how you do that with a truck mount, for I am a porty hack.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Plan for 12 hrs.
Take fans to speed dry areas near hard surface.
Staff better be on guard to help watch for trip and slip Hazzard.
Don't pretreat to far ahead to help with drying.

Once set up you will move quickly.

Get another helper.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The place is 28k ft total but 14k of actually cleaning area. We won't be moving furniture. It will only be three guys. We will be prevacuuming

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Open areas 1200 feet an hour for the first few hours dipping down to 1000 an hour by the second half of the day.

Congested areas 8-900 feet an hour dropping down several hundred feet also over time.

I agree a fourth would help keep hoses out of the way and keep production up by rotating operators.

CX 15, have you used that thing before? If not a big job is no where to fook around with it. You're going to want to get in and out of there.

Any new tool like that can be counter productive if you are not familiar with its operation.

I would disagree as the cx-15 in hallways or meeting rooms can be very productive( nowhere near the productivity of a zipper) but by no means a horrible tool, now a cx-15 in bedrooms with furniture would be a nightmare.

I have cleaned with a cx-15 before and it works well while requireing patience but a zipper just is much easier. So if you already have a cx-15 just use it, but if you have a zipper I would use it before the cx-15.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The place is 28k ft total but 14k of actually cleaning area. We won't be moving furniture. It will only be three guys.

We will be prevacuuming

wow...pack a lunch and dinner if you intend to do everything right
First couple/three hours will go smooth.
y'all will be dragging azz shortly after lunch though and production will slow .
By the 6th or 7th hour your quality will start go all-to-he11 and you'll just be going through the motions to get the last couple/three hours over with

.L.T.A.

Reactions: KevinL

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
There's no way to gauge time in that atmosphere. I know they're All different.
I strip and wax in them, and clean carpet in them. Cleaning with cimex is hard enough, I'd hate to think about cleaning with a truck mount. You would need a 4th person Just to watch people And staff!!! Best of luck, and just do it!!:biggrin:

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator
wow...pack a lunch and dinner if you intend to do everything right
y'all will be dragging azz shortly after lunch though and production will slow .
By the 6th or 7th hour your quality will start go all-to-he11 and you'll just be going through the motions to get the last couple/three hours over with

.L.T.A.

It's Damon, so plan on the 870 engine block cracking, his 6 year old son calling from juvi asking to be bailed out, a swarm of locust getting sucked into the HVAC system at the facility and causing a fire, the CX 15 spray bar falling off and breaking his ankle and he'll break Tom's demo wand and have a panic attack.

So make it 23 hours just to be safe.

Name
Nate W.
It's Damon, so plan on the 870 engine block cracking, his 6 year old son calling from juvi asking to be bailed out, a swarm of locust getting sucked into the HVAC system at the facility and causing a fire, the CX 15 spray bar falling off and breaking his ankle and he'll break Tom's demo wand and have a panic attack.

So make it 23 hours just to be safe.

And I though I had problems... Damn Damon, that's rough...:eekk:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lmao. Oh man I needed that. Been a long day of dealing with and sealing the grout lines from hell. Then the estimate I did tonight was a vacant loaded with starving fleas.

Looks like we secured a zipper for tomorrow. So with the cx and the zippy we should fly.
IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Then the estimate I did tonight was a vacant loaded with starving fleas.

]

if you don't keep DEET or repellant w/hi concentration of DEET in the truck, you're stoopit
and if you catch the slightest whiff of dog as you open the door and don't DEET up, you're really stoopit

.L.T.A.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Ain't that the truth....

After a while they all turn into "get me outta here"!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom