Got Ripped off by JonDon's repair side yesterday!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I had one of the Restoration techs drop off one of our Rovers at JonDon because the power cord was cut and our repair guy was on vacation.
$222.25 to change a power cord on a Rover Extractor!
$39.50 of that was to "diagnose" the fact that the power cord was cut in half and needed replacing.
$79 of that was to attach it!

I've always liked JonDon and have spent hundred of thousands of $ with them. I have bought into the SFS concept and even plugged it during my seminar at MikeyFest.
I send people from our Atlanta and Tampa locations to JonDon on a daily basis.
This is total BS and just felt like sharing. TCS just got my business.

Yes, I am one of those customers that won't call the company but will go on the web and blast them!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What do you feel like it should have been Greg?

I'm wondering what it would have been at our local distributor, I'm guessing a couple hours of tech time and the cord. How much was the cord?
$222.25 to change a power cord on a Rover Extractor!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We change cords on things weekly 5-15 min depending on the item is all it should take. Sorry to hear Greg but I would follow up with them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
cut the cord off...go down and get a good male cord cap and put it on....then just get a good extension cord....from that point if you have a cut cord just throw it away and get another......

you can cut 3 of them and still come out a head....

basically.....you were screwed and I bet you didn't even get a kiss................

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
i discovered on the invoice that they aparently decided the quick release pins needed to be replaced. Not sure why as the equipment checklist filled out a month ago show them in good working order. Those totally to be $34. They are charging me $12.98 freight so they can get the parts! interesting as i am confident they have dozens sitting in their warehouse. Either way.... The power cord was $42. Adding those pieces to the invoice would be like my taking my truck in to get the transmission repaired and discovering they put brakes on it! 2 DP-0300176-EA ea Quick Release Pin SS $17.24 $34.48

Anyways= i have vented. i feel better ( sortof)
Anyone know a guy in Atlanta that reapirs dehumidifiers? I have inherited 60 + broken ones from that water damage company.... i cetainly wont be sending them to Jon DOn! lol

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Honestly, It's more the principal than anything! Unrealistic charges for minor repairs!
To make matters worse i was compalinging about this to one of the mangers here and he informed me that they are charging us $350 to perfrm the work on a warranty covered dehumidifier! AND it's on one of their brand 340 dehu's!!!!! LOL Apperently they don't want us to ever buy their stuff again!
We change cords on things weekly 5-15 min depending on the item is all it should take. Sorry to hear Greg but I would follow up with them.

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg
How many times have you responded to a negative Kudzu review that you would have liked to correct a wrong made by one representative from your company??

Knowing how Jon Don has bent over backwards to please you (removed the news report on bait and Switchers from their VAST/SFS presentation) I'm a bit surprised you didn't give them the chance to lower the price on the cord and remove the silly diagnoses fee

Sound like you got a new or misguided employee to deal with who had no idea of your buying power.

Tell me you din't send hoop shorts wearing LaBron in his Datsun pick up to get the dehu fixed. The Jon Don tech probably thought it was stolen.:eekk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Over the years, I have seen other posts similar to Greg's, in relation to Jon-Don's service department. It does make you pause and consider if they make a habit of busting your chops on the repair side. They remind me of automobile companies. I have been told by several auto salesmen at Chevy and other major auto dealers that they make little on sales, but "make it up" on the repair side.

Maybe "making it up" really IS the best description of how they operate?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Interlink Supply has a center in Nashville that refurbishes dehumidifiers. They know dehus pretty well. For that large a number of dehu's could be worth putting them in a truck and sending them to our Nashville factility.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What astounds me more than jondon's charge is that you didn't fix it yourself. Do you call an electrician to change a light bulb?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, I understand your wonder at that, but in Greg's defense, if he really is running the business he posts he is, he doesn't have time to handle little things like that. He needs a place where he can send his equipment for repairs on even the simpliest things without worry that he will be taken advantage of. I am nowhere NEAR the size of Greg, but I don't want to spend my time fixing things. I want to spend my time cleaning.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well, I understand your wonder at that, but in Greg's defense, if he really is running the business he posts he is, he doesn't have time to handle little things like that. He needs a place where he can send his equipment for repairs on even the simpliest things without worry that he will be taken advantage of. I am nowhere NEAR the size of Greg, but I don't want to spend my time fixing things. I want to spend my time cleaning.

Hmm, i would think the bigger the business the more likely to have someone in house to at the very least handle minor repairs. Doesn't Hagopian have in house mechanics and even a paint shop?

Whoops never mind it just occurred to me that Greg runs "sub contractors" so his employees own and a responsible for repairs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
With all the pleasure that a good Cole bashing provides us (and I enjoy my fair share), he's got a point.

We expect our local supplier to provide us with good timely service and most of us don't begrudge them their profit (we need them to stay in business.)
However we do expect them to use some discretion and sometime adjust the price to the task at hand. My supplier does every once in a while.

The price Greg paid seems excessive.

Reactions: hogjowl

Willy P

Name
Willy P
With all the pleasure that a good Cole bashing provides us (and I enjoy my fair share), he's got a point.

We expect our local supplier to provide us with good timely service and most of us don't begrudge them their profit (we need them to stay in business.)
However we do expect them to use some discretion and sometime adjust the price to the task at hand. My supplier does every once in a while.

The price Greg paid seems excessive.

And he deserves it and that much more. I'm trying really hard to find an iota of sympathy. None.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That cord cost $103.75

$222.25
- $39.50 diagnoses
- $79.00 Labor

So how much should this have cost you? 1-hours worth of labor? Are you complain about the labor or the diagnoses?

Maybe they have a minimum bench time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
What am I missing? Not sure why more than 15 min. We do have full time mechanics a hoist and paint shop but our bus model is quite diff than Greg's.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We replace tons of power cords from floor machines,rx20,cimex etc.
Local distributor never charges more then 15-30 minutes, sometimes they will do it right then why we wait and not even charge for the labor.

Would definitely give them another chance if they resolve it, God knows your staff have made mistakes over the years but I'm sure you made it right.

Name
Bruce
Yep that sounds about right, a couple hours labor. I don't think he would charges to diagnose, that would be included in the two hour labor charge.

So how much should this have cost you? 1-hours worth of labor? Are you complain about the labor or the diagnoses?

Maybe they have a minimum bench time?
Those are Greg's numbers, I was just breaking it down so we could see how much the cord cost him. I would have fixed it myself. Greg said it was $39.50 to diagnose the problem in his first post and $79 to install the cord.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Please let us know what happens when you try harder. :winky:

I've meditated deeply, in the downward dog position while appealing to all Gods, past and present. Jack shit for results.
(I'm a grand sight in my yoga pants- what a cameltoe:eekk:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom