GPS in your car/van

G

I want to get one. Who of you have them, what one do you have and what do you think of it? Would you get another of the same one?

I'm only interested in aftermarket ones, not in-dash.

G

FWIW, I have Garmin on my boat and my handheld, as do most of my friends. I like it, but marine features are much different than the stuff for landlubbers...

G

I have it and love it. I have and use the Garmin Nuvi 350 daily. In my experience Garmin updates their maps more often and has software updates more often than Magellan or Tom Tom.

Before I bought my Nuvi though I had a Magellan RM 760. I liked it, but it was pretty heavy. The Nuvi is compact. The screen is about the same size between the two.

I use and recommend GPS.

RickL

GPS

I have a Lowrance IWAY 500 and love it, I bought my wife the IWAY350C for Xmas last year and she really likes hers but it is not as easy to use as mine. I have been using them for years now (several different ones). One point of caution don't get the one that hooks to a laptop they work real well but you cant hear them nor see the screen in sunlight.
If you get the 500 make sure you get the amplified antenna.
http://www.lowrance.com/Automotive/

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We bought a Garmin C-330 it's simple to operate. Around $450.00 Best Buy.

Just before a younger brother went on a trip to Chicago. (I didn't want to have to fly up there to help him find his way back...Baby Brothers :roll: )

He had never used one but took it with him, he said he couldn't get lost if he tried. He said they took it when they shopped, it told them where food was, gas everything.

My older brother uses it for rural estimates, a couple of supervisors took it up to Bolden's so they could find there way around. Another supervisor took it to Dallas to move his daughter to school.

Pretty awesome unit for the money,
We love it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have the c330 also, it works great for finding addresses, no more turning around and dealing with hassles, its worth its weight in gold after a stressfull late to every appointment day, also finding houses at night when I am going to a water loss,

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's so cool even when you make a mistake and pass your turn it recalibrates for new directions.

Tony
I've actually never used it, they never let me leave this desk! :(

harryhides

Name
Tony
Richard trying to figure out gps system.

hItsallBushesfault.jpg

Audra

We have the Magellan Roadmate 800 & love it! We bought an extra cradle so that we could take it from our Land Rover & put it in our van during the day while working. This has been such a good investment because "Sally" (we named her) took my place in the navigation world. No more wondering if the directions are correct & passing the street or having to tell Billy that we just passed the street & him having to turn around. "No more arguing over directions in the morning" :shock: :x

We would have had one years ago if we thought it would be such a time & life saver. It tells us about how long it will take to get there. If you get stuck in traffic she will detour you around. You can choose from Shortest Time, Shortest Distance, Least use of Interstates, Most use of Interstates...etc. It is wonderful on vacation too...we went to Gatlinburg & it would take us around all of these back roads to get around.

You do need an outside antenna in some areas though to get a better signal. This model has been easy to work - even for me :D We have seen others but dont really like them as well as the one that we have.

Gary T

I have a Garmin Roadmate 7200. Love it. Hasent missed an address yet. Pricey and large, but I wanted the big screen. Also accepts a rear view cam so hooking up the trailer is a breeze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom