Granite Countertop Cleaning and Polishing EASY TO DO!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Countertop cleaning or polishing that is very low cost to get into, an easy up sell, (what house does not have counter tops?) and something that all but the biggest dufus should be offering.

Its sounds like Rob and maybe Lance/AZ will be coming to Mikefest to let YOU get "hands on" cleaning, polishing and honing stone counter tops and floors. A booth will be set up all day so everyone will get a chance to play..

Reactions: Lance Golden

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
Countertop cleaning or polishing that is very low cost to get into, an easy up sell, (what house does not have counter tops?) and something that all but the biggest dufus should be offering.

Its sounds like Rob and maybe Lance/AZ will be coming to Mikefest to let YOU get "hands on" cleaning, polishing and honing stone counter tops and floors. A booth will be set up all day so everyone will get a chance to play..

I'm as good as there Mike. I had a great conversation with Dane Gregory and Robert Falzone yesterday at Stone Expo. More excited than ever to be part of your event. I look forward to putting names to faces and helping where I can.

Lets talk this weekend Mike.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Rob, does your crystalizer have wax in it?. How long does the shine last?

Do you have to do the last step to prevent fingerprints?. Would there be fingerprints due to the process?.

Lastly, do you have any trial kits available, I'd like to do half of my counter with your stuff and compare to what I've used.

Albert

Last edited:

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
Rob, does your crystalizer have wax in it?. How long does the shine last?

Do you have to do the last step to prevent fingerprints?. Would there be fingerprints due to the process?.

Lastly, do you have any trial kits available, I'd like to do half of my counter with your stuff and compare to what I've used.

Albert

Hi Albert,

The crystallizer is not a wax.

Yes the Finishing Touch Spray is needed to eliminate finger prints. The finger prints are not a result of the process they're result of using the counter top.

All I need is an address to send your sample kit to.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
You make it look so fast and easy! What are the going rates for this type of service?

Do different types of hard countertop surfaces require more labor depending on hardness of stone? ie marble vs granite etc..
Can you use it on headstones?

Are there any products that can achieve similar typle results on man-made or manufactured (fake) granite countertops? Seems to be a lot
of that here because it looks so close to the real thing and it's a cheaper alternative.
Thanks,
Bill

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
You make it look so fast and easy! What are the going rates for this type of service?

Do different types of hard countertop surfaces require more labor depending on hardness of stone? ie marble vs granite etc..
Can you use it on headstones?

Are there any products that can achieve similar typle results on man-made or manufactured (fake) granite countertops? Seems to be a lot
of that here because it looks so close to the real thing and it's a cheaper alternative.
Thanks,
Bill

It is fast and easy Bill. That's the point and the chemicals I'm using won't harm any surrounding surface. There is nothing you can do in the process that can't be corrected. If this weren't true there wouldn't be a stone restoration industry. Home owners try to ruin it all the time.

Engineered stone (i.e. Ceaser Stone, Silo Stone, etc.) is maintained and restored like granite.

Marble and travertine are much softer. While they tend to stain less than granite they scratch, wear and burn or etch very easily. Both are extremely high maintenance surfaces. Marble and travertine can be polished fairly easy both mechanically and chemically.Granite is very dense and hard. It tends to stain easier than marble and travertine but does not burn or etch and is very hard to scratch. Granite is very low maintenance. Granite is polished mechanically only.

Because Marble and travertine are soft their they become dull from acids and wear. To restore color and reflectivity they must be re-polished. As mentioned above granite does not wear or burn. It becomes dull from how it is maintained so to bring it back to its showroom look a deep clean is all that is needed.

The process works great on headstones. In fact, I have three customers that do nothing but headstones.

Let me know if you would like a sample kit for the process.

Reactions: Mike_R

Mikey P

Administrator
I have an etched to hell travertine floor on for this Wednesday, I was gonna Monkey it but now will try my Cobb's Powder Polish I've had sitting around for years instead.

wish me luck

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Thank you Rob for your explanation.

I'll be calling in a day or two to speak with you more about your products, process and tools needed.
Ok?

Thanks again,
Bill

Name
cameron demille
You could probably even get the same results with the potea by itself, but the crystallizer and steel wool make it easier. Less friction and the machine stays cooler. Finishing Touch is a great product. I have never been a fan of the spray polish products, but I have been using it at home and my customers love it. It really is a good product.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
I have an etched to hell travertine floor on for this Wednesday, I was gonna Monkey it but now will try my Cobb's Powder Polish I've had sitting around for years instead.

wish me luck

"Etched to hell" is a VERY vague term, Mike. You MAY still NEED to go thru the levels of pads, then "powder polish, off say, 800. It is going to depend on the
extent of damage.

I did a "repair" on a kitchen floor, where the husband spilled some "vinagerette dressing" and damaged a 2'x2' area... it was "light enough"
that Diamond Renew was the best answer. Took about 15 minutes, and $150 later I was out the door. My client was ecstatic, he thought he had ruined the floor.

I am also going to say (although I have never used cobbs powder) I have tried "other" brand's of Diamond polishing powder, They are NOWHERE close to StonePro's!

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
You could probably even get the same results with the potea by itself, but the crystallizer and steel wool make it easier. Less friction and the machine stays cooler. Finishing Touch is a great product. I have never been a fan of the spray polish products, but I have been using it at home and my customers love it. It really is a good product.

Cameron,
good to see you here.
are you going to MF9 ?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Hhhmmm 95% of the homes I go into have granite counters. I would love to add this service to the trucks

I know I will need to adjust a little but what's a starting point on pricing this service?

Also sending a pm with a question
Thanks
Dave in jax fl

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
Hhhmmm 95% of the homes I go into have granite counters. I would love to add this service to the trucks

I know I will need to adjust a little but what's a starting point on pricing this service?

Thanks
Dave in jax fl

Good morning Dave. I got your pm and will be calling you a little later this morning. In California guys are getting about $200.00 to seal. If the entire process is done they will get up to $350.00. If they're in the house doing other services the price tends to be lower. Your sample kit is on the way.

Name
cameron demille

Thanks
Dave in jax fl

Like Rob said in his original post, $300 seems to be about the average. If it's as simple as he shows in the video, you should be fine. The process is like Rob described, but sometimes the granite is in bad enough shape that this work will only improve it slightly, not bring it back to new, but that is uncommon. The biggest difference in FEEL will be after cleaning it with the Stone Scrub. The biggest difference in gloss and color will be after polishing it or using the Finishing Touch.

That Stone Scrub is an awesome product. I used it to polish out sprinkler etches on the windows on my truck. A years worth of sprinklers on my windows gone in 20 minutes.

Reactions: Rob Fairfield

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
I use and recommend the Stone scrub to window cleaners, organic cleaner, non-acid... it is amazing stuff, and my "go to".

I have done a few Granite jobs here... VERY easy to do... My only HIGHLY recommended additional tool is a Makita variable speed... Makes everything go smoother.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom