greasy carpet

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
What steps would you take to clean this and also make sure it does not come back in the next week or two?

This restaurant is a seafood place and this is coming out of the kitchen.

carpet1.JPG
carpet2.JPG

steve_64

To keep it from coming back they will have to close.

Everything from incorrect mopping technique and products to how they do their food prep and the shoes they wear contribute to resoiling.

Use a strong product to prespray and possibly scrubbing dpending on type of carpet and a FWR at high temp to clean will leave it as residue free as you can get.

Some will post encap to help resoiling but I don't find it helps and most restaurant's don't want to pay enough anyway.

Just my opinion.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Use an enzyme prespray like prochems power burst and rinse with an alkaline extraction detergent. Use a rotovac with brush head or a crb or 175 with a red pad for agitation. No matter what you do, it is going to get dirty quickly. They will be tracking grease out of the kitchen immediately.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Unfortunately most restaurant owners don't understand a high traffic restaurant is going to have to be cleaned every month. Thank the Lord the only restaurant I had left installed tile recently. Twice a year cleaning just won't cut it in a greasy steakhouse.

Powerburst with a prescrub will make it purty for a week or so.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I've seen worse carpet in restaurants. You could hit it with a strong HWE cleaning. Grease Eater is an effective prespray for restaurants. A post encap can help it too! That'll help it to look good longer between cleanings. And once you get the carpet restored (if you can get them into a routine of monthly maintenance) you could keep it looking good with a solid encap program.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

Just clean it.
So what if it comes back!
Because they all think it's our fault it resoils. Or they just want to lay the blame on us not them.

I have been cleaning a place for a couple years and they still act like it's my fault every time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen worse carpet in restaurants. You could hit it with a strong HWE cleaning. Grease Eater is an effective prespray for restaurants. A post encap can help it too! That'll help it to look good longer between cleanings. And once you get the carpet restored (if you can get them into a routine of monthly maintenance) you could keep it looking good with a solid encap program.
I like Rick's idea. Get control and then keep it from returning by maintaining it.

Go through it monthly hitting only the traffic areas with some encap and a 175 or OP machine. HWE it quarterly.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Popping that solid load off is mostly chemistry, not a big deal. Convincing the owner to pay for cleaning every month, every two months is the insane part of it all. That level of soil (as was pointed out) is kitchen procedures, shoe wear and complete lack of everything. Four years of restaurants for me, never again.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

I like Rick's idea. Get control and then keep it from returning by maintaining it.

Go through it monthly hitting only the traffic areas with some encap and a 175 or OP machine. HWE it quarterly.
Can't do traffic lanes. It's like spot cleaning piss spots. You end up with a clean area around the rest of the filth. It looks like a trail in the forest. Where do you stop.

Just get thick skin and ignore the negative comments from the restaurant about how it gets dirty so fast after cleaning. They will never take your advice.

Mikey P

Administrator
Unfortunately most restaurant owners don't understand a high traffic restaurant is going to have to be cleaned every month. Thank the Lord the only restaurant I had left installed tile recently. Twice a year cleaning just won't cut it in a greasy steakhouse.

Powerburst with a prescrub will make it purty for a week or so.

Fact.

just saying

Name
Fritz rench
Try dry extraction (absorbent compound)

...aggressive pile-lift/vac (lots...clean the brushes couple times)
...pre "mist"...not over-wet "spray" just
breaking the surface tension
...apply compound machine brush
...when compound turns black,
vac/vac/vac
...re-apply fresh compound...do not
re-mist...brush
...repeat as necessary
...charge lots cuz you'll save the carpet

Name
Steve Lawrence
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread, but for us, good quality detergent and prescrubbing with a rotary or CRB followed by proper HWE (Hot water extraction) has often produced excellent results on neglected restaurant carpet. Extra good touch can be leaving airmovers to assist drying for quick usage of areas cleaned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom