Great Price for Heat Drying Equipment

Eric

kmdineen said:
Eric said:
kmdineen said:
Thanks Eric, the ELE 6400 seems like a handy piece of equipment to have in the tool box. Xactimate lists the E TES at $205 per day, with the necessary air mover at $25 per day bringing the total daily rental for the E TES to $230 per day. The ELE 6400 lists at $170 per day with a built in air mover. Assuming the performance of these two systems are similar why would I buy the ELE 6400 when I could get $60 per day more in rental charges for the E TES?
Hi, That is a very good point and Jonathan Young at Xactimate told Ken Horvath, the inventor of the ELE that the eTes, Firebird and the ELE 6400 will be all categorized the same and charged the same rate at $230/day. The code he gave Ken is WTRHTAM>. Ken Horvath is calling Xactimate tomorrow to find out why it shows that way. I charge $230/day and the reality is the ELE 6400 outperforms the eTes. The eTes uses high air flow (air mover) which reduces the temperature rise. The ELE uses 275 cfm which will give you about 25 degree temperature rise/circuit. You then use your are movers to distribute the heated air throughout the drying area and a downdraft fan to bring the heat back down to the flooring. (Vortex type drying + heat) I sold a ELE 6400 to a company in Kentucky that had eTes.s and in their own words the eTes doesn't even come close to performing as well as the ELE 6400. The ELE 6400 thermostaticy controlled and the eTes is not. The ELE 6400 is NEC ® compliant (National Electrical Code), the eTes is not. Not having a thermostat could become a big problem. With the eTes if you were to restrict the air flow, which does happen when the eTes is hooked up to a wall drying system you could have over heating problem. I fill safer using the ELE 6400.
Eric
Color Tech Restoration
http{//www.colortechrestoration.com/

Oops! It must have been an old link to your web site http://www.thermalenergydryingsystem.co ... age486.htm that said $170 per day for the ELE .6400 The xactimate code is the same as the E TES and Firebird.
How does the ELE 6400 compare to the Firebird?

Hi, I think the Firebird is a great system. The big difference it the Firebird is it requires 230vac. The ELE 6400 is 115vac. The ELE comes with a thermostat and the Firebird you must buy the thermostat separate and install the thermostat yourself. Physical size, you can put 4 ELE 6400’s in the same area as 2 Firebirds. This can become very important if you have limited space in you van.

My personal choice is the ELE because I do work in many older mountain homes that in many cases don't have 230vac.

Thank you,
Eric
Color Tech Restoration, LLC
Evergreen Colorado
http://www.colortechrestoration.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Eric how long has the ELE 6400 been out on the market?

image23291.jpg

Eric

rctpks said:
Eric how long has the ELE 6400 been out on the market?

Hi Richard,
It has been on the market since September 2008. We were hopping to introduce it several months earlier but the field testing took longer than expected. Since the introduction of the ELE 6400 the demand has been so in creatable we have stepped up production 4 times. The ELE 6400 NEC ® compliant Model was introduced in May 2009.

Thank you,
Eric
Color Tech Restoration, LLC
Evergreen Colorado
http://www.colortechrestoration.com

image23291.jpg

Eric

steve g said:
will someone please say it how many BTU's does the ele 6400 put out?? this would be most helpful when comparing to the ETES. I believe the E tes puts out 20k btu, this is the real figure when trying to compare the 2, and will give us an idea what the total heat is.
Ken Horvath the inventor of the ELE 6400 will on this site tonight to answer your questions. If you are a eTes fan you will be very disappointed.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
is someone afaid to answer my question?? my dehu puts out hot air in similar CFM ratings as the ele 6400 it also dries the air and I already own it, until someone ponys up with the BTU ratings I am not interested.

ken horvath

Personally Steve i am shaking in my boots. Of course we are experiencing cooler temps today, only around 110f. That may have something to do with it. Supposed to be freezing tomorrow at around 106F.

The ELE 6400 comes in several power versions, 6400, 6000 & 5600 watts. Take the watts and multiply by 3.414 and you will get the btu's.

A dehu similar to a Phoenix 200 does not use all its energy to heat air. A majority of the energy is used to cool air. Not the same as a heater using all its energy to heat air. Chuck Dewald III did the numbers on another site awhile back. I think it was something like 4K - 4.5K btu's of usable energy for heating from a Phoenix 200max or 200ht.

You are currently drying with heat. Increasing the heat or available energy will only make you "potentially" dry faster.

I see someone has posted the RX Heat JonDon is now selling. JonDon also carries and sells the ELE 6400.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Ken, is this correct? The ELE 6400 puts out a total of 21850 BTU's using four 20 AMP circuits or 5462 BTU's per circuit. Compared to the E TES 120:
E TES uses two 20 amp circuits and delivers 13640 BTU's
ELE 6400 using two 20 amp circuits delivers 10880 BTU's

E TES 240 using a 240, 30 amp clothes dryer outlet delivers 21167 BTU's
ELE 6400 using a spider box from the 240, 30 amp clothes dryer delivers 16387 BTU's

E TES using a 240, 50 amp range outlet or four 20 amp circuits N/A
ELE 6400 using a 240, 50 amp range outlet or four 20 amp circuits delivers 21850 BTU's

From your web site

(Each cord should be connected to a dedicated 20 amp 115v circuit. You can connect up to 3 cords to a 230 volt splitter box that is plugged into the dryer 30 amp 230 volt circuit. You can connect all 4 cords to a 230 volt splitter box that is plugged into the range 50 amp 230 volt circuit.)

Please correct if necessary

note : the ELE 6400 fan is included in the amp requirements drawing from cord #1
E TES may need a separate circuit for the necessary air mover

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think i will be a board ginuepig and buy a couple of these. even though i was thinking about a medium sized dessicant.

ken horvath

kmdineen,

The btu's for the ELE 6400 don't change if you use 240v 50 amp or 30 amp or 120v. Same btu's.

The main differences are the wattage changes we make on the heating elements. If you work in homes that are electrically challenged or older homes for instance, you may want the 5600 watt version as this would make it much easier to setup your equipment on the job.

That website is not mine. That is an internet distributor of mine. I mostly private label to several different Industries.

All power versions of the ELE 6400 have a separate built-in cord for the fan. The cord is located in the pocket with the thermostat control. The heating elements will not turn on unless the fan is on. Should a drape suck up against the intake the heating elements shutoff and turn back on automatically when the obstruction is cleared. If you block off the outlet the heater the elements turn off until the obstructiion is cleared and automatically turn back on. The ELE 6400 has 2 internal safety heat limits. One cycles the heater should the heating elements get too hot for any reason. The other shuts the heating elements down should all the safety features fail to employ. Although this is not likely, I wanted to make sure you could never have a china syndrome occur.

The e-tes120 has conflicting data on their website. They say 14.6 amps, then they say 2000 watt heaters per cord. Problem is 2000 watt heater elements are 16.67 amp draw each. Not National Electric Code compliant even on a 20 amp circuit. Basically you could not run the unit for longer than 3 hours without violating Nation Electric Code. Perhaps someone can call and ask Interlink which figure is correct, the 14.6 amps or the 2000 watts. If it is 2000 watts, then the 15 amp cord and plug that comes standard would also be undersized. Max. 1875 watts rating. I've pointed this out to them and they refuse to respond with numbers to me.

ken horvath

Dealtimeman,

You can call me anytime, well anytime during the day. I can also email you photos of jobs, etc... that show some different setups. I think you will really like the units. Very versatile and different setup are only limited by your imagination.

We also make a VapairVent system for removing the moist are out of the building without having to vent out a window, etc... Very simple, yet professional.

Ken
602-723-2534

Eric

rctpks said:
Mikeysboard discount?

50% off retail has a ring to it! :D
Special offer for Mikeys Board members only. I will give you addition $100.00 OFF the sale price of $1,899.00 shown on the site for the ELE 6400. That means you can buy the ELE 6400 for $1,799.00 with Free Shipping to the lower 48 states. Offer good to Mikeys Board members only “ONLY” . This offer will expire August 14, 2009.

Eric

dealtimeman said:
i think i will be a board ginuepig and buy a couple of these. even though i was thinking about a medium sized dessicant.
Special offer for Mikeys Board members only. I will give you addition $100.00 OFF the sale price of $1,899.00 shown on the site for the ELE 6400. That means you can buy the ELE 6400 for $1,799.00 with Free Shipping to the lower 48 states. Offer good to Mikeys Board members only “ONLY” . This offer will expire August 14, 2009

K&J Products

Name
Ken Horvath
logo_bridgewater.png

This message is for restoration professionals who have purchased an E-TES unit and contains important information regarding a recall.

Recall Notice
logo_tes.png
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
PRODUCT RECALL OF CERTAIN ETES 120 V MB1202 AND MB120SD UNITS

etes-recall-01.png

JANUARY 29, 2015 - Bridgewater LLC announced today that the company has issued a voluntary product recall of ETES 120 V models MB1202 and MB120SD manufactured between August 2008 and May 2012. These products may pose the risk of an electrical hazard that could potentially result in smoke or fire. Customers should immediately stop using the products with serial numbers identified below and contact the Bridgewater Returns department at 1-801-261-1282 ext. 2228 or emailreturns@bridgewatercorp.net.

This product recall applies to:

1. ETES 120 V models MB1202 and MB120SD manufactured between August 2008 and August 2010 with following serial numbers:

• 12000 through 12613
  • 12790 through 13156
  • 10943000 through 11004016
Potential Risk: Operation of these units could overload the wiring on the internal circuit causing excess heat that could potentially result in smoke or fire. For these units, Bridgewater we will issue a call tag to ship your unit to Bridgewater for corrective action at no cost to the customer and once the rework is complete will provide the customer with a $50 instant rebate coupon to use on their next ETES purchase.

2. ETES 120 V models MB1202 and MB120SD manufactured between December 2009 and May 2012 with the following serial numbers:

• 10950001 through 21205012
Potential Risk: Firmware in these units must be updated to properly shut off equipment if certain internal temperatures are reached. If these units are operated incorrectly without correct exhaust control or external sensors in an enclosed space, the ambient temperature in the unit could exceed the wire temperature rating potentially causing smoke or fire within the unit. For these units, Bridgewater has provided firmware for download on its website at the following address:http://tesdryingsystem.com/etes_sd/

Bridgewater LLC
4282 S 590 W
Murray, UT 84123

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom