Green prespray

Name
I'm Rick James
With my company I use green cleaning products. I have been using biokleen prespray with a citrus boost. It works good but on the nasties it takes to much time and work to do a good job. BioKleen bac out, soy products are the bomb.

What is your opinion on the best greenest prespray out on the market now. That doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I have heard Trashed Green Label by White Magic is a excellent product. $50 a gallon thought, ouch. I have been cleaning for 10 years and just now started a green carpet cleaning business for health reasons. Green is hugh here with tons of upside.

Any advice on my venture?

Name
Lee Stockwell
What's your definition of "green"?

I prespray with an appropriate cleaning agent so that I can maximize the TIME element of TACT. After that I extract with soft water and the hottest water to maximize the TEMPERATURE element of TACT. That removes both the need for using too much or leaving behind too much of the chemical element of TACT.

On the real rat nasties we will occasionally add the AGITATION element of TACTof a rotary or OP machine.

Don't let the chemical salespeople spook you into settling for junk cleaning.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
I'm Rick James
Chemically-reactive and toxic cleaning products which contain various toxic chemicals some of which emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) causing respiratory and dermatological problems among other adverse effects and products that are biodegradable.

I have never talk to a salesman about green cleaning, I have read alot of studies regarding cleaning chemicals that are commenly used in this industry and I don't want to use them. I want the safest cleaners possible on the market, that work just as good. I understand what you are talking about with tact and its not the green I am looking for. I know green is still a broad term, but I am refering to the healthiest cleaning products available and not energy saving.

thanks

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Have you looked into Bridgepoints Green Balance line? My customers have had pretty good success using them. CTI just came out with their own Envirex line that I've heard good things about too.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
That is the problem with Bio-Kleen. Those who use it always say the same thing: "It works great, but..."

If you are boosting it with citrus boost then it is no longer green and you are mis-leading your customers if you tell them it is. Plus, Bio-Kleen stuff is already hard to rinse out, and now you making it worse by adding d-Limonene.

If you want to use green, then you need the extra dwell time and have to use more aggitation. Make your customers pay for this type of cleaning and take your time cleaning.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Get a sample of Quantum Green DS from Vacaway. It says on the label 2oz per gallon for average soil and 3oz per for heavy soil. I have found it needs more like 3 for average and 4-5 for heavier soils but at the higher dilutions it has been working very well. I have not boosted it with anything. It's not terribly pricey at $31 per gallon.

Name
I'm Rick James
Bill, I use biokleen soy citrus and its good stuff.

Thanks joey and pact I will check into those products, you guys use trashed green label?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always thought Procyon Extreme Clean worked really well. I just stopped using it when I stopped using the rinse.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ok I am sold, Trashed Green Label is it. Free shipping too!!!
Ok next thing I have to get is a hydraforce sprayer, anyone have a extra one to sell???? I just got my TM back from Jon Don and wow things add up quick.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Big Pappa said:
Bill, I use biokleen soy citrus

forgive my ignorance, BP, but what is soy "citrus"?
is that a soy based chem with added citrus terpene boost?

we tried Trashed Green.
I thought it was OK, but the little genies weren't impressed.
It's also full of peroxide, if I understand correctly.

also the "green" thing is full of snake oil salesman.
not to mention, there's chems that have less environmental impact, but aren't necessaraly any healthier for human exposure than many other chems commonly used now.

ever see what peroxide does to your skin?
That "white stuff" it leaves on you fingers is DEAD skin
I'm not sure why it passes muster with many of the "freaked out" greenhEd weirdos.
It KILLS things...how safe can it be???

..L.T.A.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I've had many customers bring up Trashed Green when looking for a green product and most have switched to something else after trying it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It can be a wonderful thing ...............to kill.

Citrus booster is not all that healthy for you either.

diamond brian

Encap Green here. Most of these green products are water, d-Limonene, peroxide and one or two surfactants. Vacaway adds the soil-resistant polymer to theirs--so why not?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
THe encap green can foam a bit though.. But the stuff works pretty well & doesn't resoil. :mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Simple Green contains butyl so go figure.

This green chemicals is for the stupit to buy.

Name
I'm Rick James
Walrus yeah you gotta be carful whats green and what pretending to be green.

Meat, citrus soy ingredients are: Soybean oil extract, vegetable based surfactants, orange peel extract, grapefruit seed extract, and linear alcohol from coconut.
Actually true green products are healthier because they have little to no VOC and you dont have to breath in some harsh chemicals that causes health issues. Didnt you say you hacked up a lung with grease lightning?

I know what kermit the frog means when he says "its not easy being green"....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Supertramp said:
Walrus yeah you gotta be carful whats green and what pretending to be green.

Meat, citrus soy ingredients are: Soybean oil extract, vegetable based surfactants, orange peel extract, grapefruit seed extract, and linear alcohol from coconut.
Actually true green products are healthier because they have little to no VOC and you dont have to breath in some harsh chemicals that causes health issues.

so how do you know those citrus terpenes you're spraying all over are safe??

Those will be the next "EEEEVVVVVIIIILLLL" chems on the wacko's agenda.
watch and see

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Have you heard about soy as of today?

They are reporting that eating it will cut your seamen in half. This is no BS. It's been all over the radio.

Who knows about Cleaning with it.

I don't touch the stuff.

Name
I'm Rick James
Meat itis safer compared to the alternative. Brian I have 3 kids so maybe I should drink nothing but soy milk now or wear a jimmy hat.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Thats what happened to Mikey drinking that soy milk.

His manhood went south and he started acting all drama queen like with crying shit.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Regarding Soy...

It's a healthy choice in moderation, just like fish and mercury. As long as it's not your ONLY source of nutrition, it's fine.

Regarding "Green"...

Explain to me how someone can go "Green" and market "Green" while using a TM?

No bashing intended, but im all ears.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tmdry said:
Regarding Soy...

It's a healthy choice in moderation, just like fish and mercury. As long as it's not your ONLY source of nutrition, it's fine.

Regarding "Green"...

Says who?

Mike Draper

I have a direct drive and am converting to Natural Gas. Cost $4000.00 / Tax write-off $3000.00 Natural Gas .83 a gallon. Makes your engine last longer than a diesel and you only have to change your oil every 10,000 miles.

Name
I'm Rick James
tmdry said:
Regarding Soy...

Regarding "Green"...

Using green cleaning products, recycled paper. Some of the paper I use is actually plantable paper, so they can plant it afterwards. Trying to get recycled uniforms too. Ect. Obviously you cant go 100% green, but I do the best I can. Green is VERY big up here in the northwest and its a ever growing market that I want to tap into. I believe it is the future and will be a very big part of the industry pie. I am just starting this up but when things get rolling and I have more of a budget, I want to invest in converting my new TM and van over to biofuels. I do use green products at home too.

I know alot of people think this who green thing is weird, stuiped, passing trend, ect. Thats fine and you should keep thinking that, but I know the market up here and its $green$. Whats big here may not be big where your at yet. Government and commercial building have gone green in regards of cleaning products and thats just the start. Many say if your not going green than you already falling behind. I agree that this green cleaning is still in its infancy and I just want to get ahead of the wave. You cant put this genie back in the bottle, its out and here to stay and that is what I am baseing my company after it because I believe in it. I am trying to be different from all the companies I've seen and worked for. I think if I stand out I will stand above.

Please I am not telling you to go green and clean green, I am not imposing what I am doing on anyone else, you can do whatever you want and I am cool with that. This is what I do and I hope you can accept it for what it is. I do not judge anyone here or think less of anyone for what they do or use. I am not a tree hugging hippie. I do eat meat and my poo does stink too. :D

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mikeyxj8 said:

I have a direct drive and am converting to Natural Gas. Cost $4000.00 / Tax write-off $3000.00 Natural Gas .83 a gallon. Makes your engine last longer than a diesel and you only have to change your oil every 10,000 miles.

Are you speaking of converting your TM direct drive to run solely on CNG or both your vehicle and TM?

Are you doing the coversion or are you buying a natural gas van and than installing a home kit such as Fuel Maker's Phill?

If you are doing the conversion to a vehicle that is not cng compatible, i'd like to know how you are doing it for $4k and if it's epa approved/certified.

I know all about CNG, it's been around for years.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian Robison said:
tmdry said:
Regarding Soy...

Says who?

Enjoy your soy milk. So good tastes best... Try their vanilla, omega 3, and chocolate flavors..

Source(s):
New Zealand Medical Journal (Volume 113, Feb 11, 2000).
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry September 2001.
Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2004 Apr;55(3):201-5.
Toxicol Lett. 2004 Jun 15;151(1):151-62.
Am J Vet Res. 2004 May;65(5):592-6.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom