"Green" vs "Safe"...do you want to go there..

Name
Todd
I tell them "Green" and use BP's Groom solutions "Vibrant" extractor formula. You see it doesn't have an odor and has a ph of around 11 I believe. They will never........................know.

I am finding that if you do the right prep work then you can get by with rinsing with just soft water. It doesn't get any Greener than that

Reactions: Mikey P

rick imby

Name
Rick
I'm grateful that CARPET is the most effective floor surface for trapping indoor pollution and inhibiting its spread and ingestion.

I'm also grateful that STEAM external extraction is the most effective way to remove them, even without detergents in some cases.

Unless of course you pull all that carpet that has trapped all that dirt, put in hard floors and add rugs.

A properly dusted and cleaned rug has significantly less dirt in it than "appearance clean" wall to wall carpet....

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Unless of course you pull all that carpet that has trapped all that dirt, put in hard floors and add rugs.

A properly dusted and cleaned rug has significantly less dirt in it than "appearance clean" wall to wall carpet....

wall to wall keeps more dust out of the breathing zone. and doesnt let things blow around. but yes will hold more dirt in general.

http://www.gethappy.ca/carpetsinschools01.pdf

http://www.nchh.org/Portals/0/Contents/CarpetsHealthyHomes.pdf

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Wow Rick. Impressed.
I'll try and add a few pictures to further illustrate your pearls of wisdom-

th?id=OIP.Mfc4b545d10baa80f8d9e0fde73ac4281o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

th?id=OIP.M7331b53086bbe1bfaed7b6da28c40c1aH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

and.

th?id=OIP.M518e70848c40a5dbded9c58161391222o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

of course one has to consider:
th?id=OIP.Mb9392dc2cc8844feb5a82e7c83d7a703H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Ausmaca

Name
Tony
Has anyone had any experience with Colloidal Micelle cleaners? not VLM I know, but bio, green renewable etc
I understand you need to rinse after cleaning, does anyone know how much water, HWE or something like a Multiwash?

Cheers

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
You can't have it all and do it all. You have to choose what's best for you and your future in the biz. Green or safe or just words. Sadly, they have become marketing terms. I respect cleaners who don't hide the fact that will nuke carpets, but I have no respect for cleaners who pretend to provide safe cleaning.

I started to focus on 'safe' right from the get go exclusively for my own health. Long family history of respiratory problems. Turns out there is a small but great niche market for safe cleaning. I clean for people with chemical sensitivities and asthma which in my part for the world plaques a surprising percentage of the population. These customers are educated, savvy and usually know more about the 'chemical triggers' then the service provider. You have to educate yourself and follow strict protocols to service this market. I find it very rewarding personally and I seems to have eliminated any concerns I once had about this business affecting my respiratory health.

This means however I do not clean literally over 95% of what is out there. It was a risk I took, but I have never looked back. I use no enzymes, bleaches, encapsulating polymers, butyl's, limonenes, d-limonenes, surfactants, soaps, detergents or products with high PH. I do use huge amounts of water :biggrin: and the hottest temps I can reasonably get at the fibre. My onboard Kinetico is fed by dechlorinated water and I only use a very hard to get and expensive salt pellet that is not processed using surfactants. This is not necessary for most people, but I do have a small percentage of ultra sensitive customers, who have discovered their infants sensitivities are greatly exasperated by even the small trace of surfactants in soft water treated with normal high quality salt pellets.

Remember, I service a tiny, tiny percentage for the market and what I do is not for the mainstream. Just explaining what is required to provide the absolute safest cleaning possible for people with chemical sensitivities or asthma.

can you help us out with info on the products you use?

Back
Top Bottom