Grout aplication

safeclean

I use the ones hydro force make to apply clear seals to the grout and Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold than buff the floor when you are done. Solvents do penetrate better than water base products but they are just the carriers at the end of the day.

Craig

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The grout stick has worked well for water base. I won't be using water base again though. Last time I'm done sealing about 500sft. I come back to the beginning and it was all freakin white. Had to reclean and of course couldn't charge for the sealer that I had to clean off. What a pita. I call manufacturer and get no response. Next day, no response even. I call again and the guy doesn't seem to have a clue. Or he knows that the product is a pos and has not much to say. Joke. On the other hand Mikey responds within the hour. I'll bring him a bag of broccoli next MF.

Solvent based for now on. Like it's been said the grout stick will leak with solvent so buy extras until the manuf. figures it out.

Albert

TimP

Albert I'm with you I'm not sealing with water based again. Solvent based sealer from now on. I'm trying out Cobb's sealer. I am going to put it on some grout in my home possibly tomorrow to see how it does. I know the water based sealer I was using was JUNK....something my local dealer recommended and I'm rather annoyed about it.

safeclean

I must admit I have never had a problem with AQ sealers choice gold I think this maybe a problem on darker tiles than lighter ones if you are seeing a white haze test first but yes solvent can fix this but are you acid washing first this is a must if you are clear sealing.

Craig

TimP

I'm just going to use a pump up sprayer to put out my sealer. Just put the tip of your wand on the line and barely let the sealer come out so that you fill the lines with sealer. Mikey has fixed one of the grout wand sticks with a viton ring to keep it from leaking. In order to do it though you need to drink a few beers....otherwise you may never get it rigged right.

Oh and I did use some of Cobb's solvent sealer in my own home today. After it dried, it already beaded up water so it works quick. So far I think it's good I'm going to see how it holds up compared to the stuff I had before and paid 2 times the cost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom