Grout caked with grease!

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I looked at a restaurant that has all tile in the dining area of about 1600 sf. ft. and the grout is caked so bad it is flush with the tile. I actually took one of their butter knives and it was pealing back . My question is in stead of using a rotary with a strong grease cutting cleaner is their a tool that can be used to follow the grout lines and get a majority up before pressure cleaning? They are willing to pay extra to get it all out. I quoted them between $1400-$1800

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I think you already found it, weld a pole to it or maybe a spoon would work better.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We had one this bad and my guys ended up using hand held stainless steel brushes on hands and knees. I actually tried to get a stainless brush on a pole and would have to do a lot of modifying to make it work. I then found a brush company that would make custom brushes.....but not this one. Would need to order a lot of brushes.

It is just a lot of work so far I have found when this bad. If someone else has some magic on this, I would love to hear as well. Have also tried rotary brushes on heavy units and just can get the grout lines to give it up.

Mark Saiger

West

Name
Clint
It is really just a lot of work when is that bad. I have successful used a hand chisel that has a "cupped" end on it, basically is some what shaped like the grout joint your cleaning. Have also used just plan old flat head screwdrivers and wire brushes.

As I am writing this, was just thinking....What about using a grinder with a wire wheel, assuming it doesn't damage the tile (depending what kind of tile your cleaning) and the "spray" from it doesn't make a huge mess on the walls, it could work?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom