Grout Perfect - color/cover blotchy grout??

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I did about 2400 s/f of ceramic and quarry tile last week end.
I used Viper Venum, Oxi-Blaster and a small amount of Restore (ran out).
Scubbed with a rotary, rinsed with 1200 psi., some areas twice, and it is still stained/blotchy and efflorescence now.
It is an industrial hydralic parts distributor. The tile is a lunch room the employees use is ceramic and the visitors entrance is quarry.
I have done one grout color job (residential) but it was spotless after I cleaned it.
Will the Grout Perfect cover blotchy/stained grout or do I tell my customer there is nothing else to do but cut out and re-grout? Or is there another possibility for cleaning it up??

TimP

You should try to use some and make sure....it will be cheaper than re-grouting for sure. But the only way to know for sure is to test....

Tile Nerd

Any quality color sealing products will take care of that. A prefer TOG but GP should also do a good job. Just be careful, if the quarry tile is very porous you could have a problem with the color seal sticking to the tile.

Mikey P

Administrator
I bet Quarry Tile efflorescess %80 of the time.

Make sure you scrub off all the sugar frosting before color sealing.

It's gonna be a real pain getting the seal off so work quick and charge a mint.

SJA

I agree with the above. I would also consider the installation before ColorSealing. If the grout is very wide and even with the tile it can be done but will take alot of time and will require maintenance.

This is a perfect example of doing a demo with colorseal being one of the options and allow the customer to choose the option they want. If they choose clean only, they will realize that they passed on the option that will make the floor look new and accept a solution that is 10xs better but not new.

Tile Nerd

SJA said:
I agree with the above. I would also consider the installation before ColorSealing. If the grout is very wide and even with the tile it can be done but will take alot of time and will require maintenance.

This is a perfect example of doing a demo with colorseal being one of the options and allow the customer to choose the option they want. If they choose clean only, they will realize that they passed on the option that will make the floor look new and accept a solution that is 10xs better but not new.

You forgot to say that it's cheaper then regrouting & sealing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom