Grout Perfect!

Mikey P

Administrator
11-18001.jpg

G

Heres my question,how long before it wears out and looks like a bad caulking job?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I like it, that guys from Cleveland I need to hook up and do a ride-along with them and check that stuff out.

G

"The salesman" thats what I was afraid of. Keep us posted.

PS-so you are doing color instead of clear these days?How much more to charge?

RickL

I've been using Grout Perfect for 4 years and that job that Mike did will last for a LOOOOOONG time.
If you get the grout clean and there is nothing on it (wax,mop&glow,etc) it will last (don't want to use the word forever) The problem is people don't get the gorut clean or know how to test for problems and try to color seal anyway then your right it comes off and looks like crap.
Nice Job Mike!

Spurling

you say test for problems .. what type of problems and how would you test for them?

RickL

I carry a spray bottle of alkaline cleaner and one of acid cleaner (have to change that one a lot) and a grout brush and rag. I spray the alkaline on a couple of areas hit it with the gorut brish and wipe rinse with wet rag and wipe with dry, then I hit it with the acid cleaner and if you get a foam you are getting to the grout if not you got something on there that has to come off during cleaning by using a stripper or something stronger than your normal cleaning process before you can color seal. You can also use a knife and scrape a little to see if there is something there IN ADDITION TO THE ACID test.
This is not as common in residential areas but in institutions where there is a lot of VCT they wax everything!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom