Grout Perfect?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
will either of these products peel off like paint when later we clean with a turbo. i quit sealing because the products that i tried all would peel. sorry but to long ago to remember brands. tried products both from the large box stores plus a tile supplier.

gene

GROUT PERFECT

Name
Dick Pollock
High-pressure surface cleaning will actually loosen and remove the sand in the grout through "Hydrostatic Vibration and Erosion" thus allowing the loosened sand to be removed by the suction of the extraction tool. If you find sand in your waste tank, it is most likely from your customers grout! Therefore, repeated high-pressure (500+ p.s.i.) cleaning and/or rinsing can do nothing but loosen and eventually remove the grout.

REMEMBER: Square blocks of aluminum are carved into round wheels for cars and motorcycles by jets of water!

Therefore it is our considered opinion that high pressure cleaning tools can be harmful to sand in the grout if used on a regular basis. It is also not necessary to use such aggressive cleaning methods after the grout is properly prepped and ColorSealed. When cleaning a ColorSealed surface mop on a low foam degreaser and allow to dwell for 5 minutes or more (do not allow to dry), then lightly agitate the cleaning fluid with a nylon bristle "deck" brush to "stir up the dirt" and suspend the it in the cleaning fluid then use your truck mount or portable at a LOW PRESSURE to extract the dirty cleaning fluid while rinsing the surface.

ColorSeal fills the pores in grout that required so much pressure to clean before sealing. On a properly ColorSealed grout line you are no long cleaning grout you are cleaning the sealer, much easier!

GROUT PERFECT

Name
Dick Pollock
Grout Perfect is formulated to adhere to surfaces as microscopically porous as glass, however the one thing that not much will stick is soap scum. Soap scum must be completely removed to ColorSeal the grout in a shower properly. Contact a janitorial supply company or a chemical distributor in your area to find an effective soap scum remover and you're in business. Remember soap scum tends to build up in areas around the drain and where the walls and floors intersect, especially the corner, that are usually missed during normal cleanings by the customer.

I hope this helps.

MikeS

GROUT PERFECT said:
High-pressure surface cleaning will actually loosen and remove the sand in the grout through "Hydrostatic Vibration and Erosion" thus allowing the loosened sand to be removed by the suction of the extraction tool. If you find sand in your waste tank, it is most likely from your customers grout! Therefore, repeated high-pressure (500+ p.s.i.) cleaning and/or rinsing can do nothing but loosen and eventually remove the grout.
[citation needed]
GROUT PERFECT said:
REMEMBER: Square blocks of aluminum are carved into round wheels for cars and motorcycles by jets of water!
But that is upwards of 60,000 psi. Not relevant to T&G equipment.
GROUT PERFECT said:
Therefore it is our considered opinion that high pressure cleaning tools can be harmful to sand in the grout if used on a regular basis.
That sounds like a good pitch for colorseal but I'd like to see the science behind it before I accuse pretty much the whole T&G Cleaning industry of destroying grout on a daily basis. All those truckmount & spinner companies might argue this point.
GROUT PERFECT said:
It is also not necessary to use such aggressive cleaning methods after the grout is properly prepped and ColorSealed.
This part is true. A big advantage of colorseal is that you don't have to run "balls out" to clean the floor the next time around.

But colorseal will not stop a floor from getting dirty, and some people are pigs. It is useful to be able to crank up the pressure when you need it to get production. When a good colorseal is properly applied (read prep) it will hold up fine to a spinner running higher pressure. So will the grout. Even 2000psi at the pump is only 1000psi coming out of a two nozzle spinner.

Gene, if you were getting a colorseal to peel & flake under your spinner, then it was either poor prep or a brittle, hard, inferior colorseal. You know how hard it is to blast gum off of concrete vs hard soil. Same thing with coatings. A flexible coating will hold up better to impact cleaning.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
GROUT PERFECT said:
Grout Perfect is formulated to adhere to surfaces as microscopically porous as glass, however the one thing that not much will stick is soap scum. Soap scum must be completely removed to ColorSeal the grout in a shower properly. Contact a janitorial supply company or a chemical distributor in your area to find an effective soap scum remover and you're in business. Remember soap scum tends to build up in areas around the drain and where the walls and floors intersect, especially the corner, that are usually missed during normal cleanings by the customer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Dick

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i never go over 1100 psi on grout and i read once that it can be cleaned at 1200 without damage. true or not i have never damaged my grout. i have been cleaning it since 95 and it is still snow white. I'll lay down a little of both products in my kitchen and see what the spinner does to them.

gene

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Fwiw, I just ordered my first GP sealer from a third party color chart. Until this thread was started I hadn't thought too much about colors matching, I always ordered from GP's sample kit. But GP matched it perfectly and the customer was beyond thrilled with the results. But, I never could get the hang of the GP's applicator, just too big and awkward for me. I've been using a smaller bottle with a metal tip to apply and a cutdown toothbrush to spread. So I ordered the applicator brush cap and an 8 oz. bottle from ColorClad and it was wonderful, able to control the flow better and not waste so much sealer.

MikeS

miksar said:
But, I never could get the hang of the GP's applicator, just too big and awkward for me. I've been using a smaller bottle with a metal tip to apply and a cutdown toothbrush to spread. So I ordered the applicator brush cap and an 8 oz. bottle from ColorClad and it was wonderful, able to control the flow better and not waste so much sealer.
Tools are a funny thing. I have to admit some people like the GP brush better than ours as well as vice versa. A LOT of people don't like any applicator brush and some of them can out-pace anybody in production.

We keep tinkering with different tools & accessories and have a few in field trials right now. No such thing as a tool that is perfect for everybody.

Maybe tools aren't funny so much as people are. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom