Growing by leaps and bound

Discussion in 'the Bird Room' started by mickeysala, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

no so readily available on the High Chaparral.
  2. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    Walmart

41455CE6-7858-4B86-8A19-F7886D68112B.jpeg
    Mikey P likes this.
  3. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    Put some vit c and powdered msm with that mix
  4. steve_64
    steve_64

Really Fred? You worry about eating meat but you pour some crap from a can into your body trusting a marketing company! I'm really starting to question your judgement.
  5. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    :headscratch:
    It is a bottle.

What is it I trust? I drink one every few months cause I like the fizzy vinegary taste. Mike is the one that thinks they cure everything.

And honestly it seems like something that would be right up your alley https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha
    Mikey P likes this.
  6. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    Kombucha is good so is kefir I used to make my own then business got busy.. so coffee beers and wine it is.
    I should start fermenting brews again..
    But its saturday arvo in the sun, beer oclock! :biggrin:
    Cleanworks and FredC like this.
  7. steve_64
    steve_64

My digestive system is messed up and stuff like that bugs it. I do try some things but most makes me worse.

I just wonder why health addicts trust processed stuff but not a burger. Hell even our veggies are GMO with cancer causing agents.
  8. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    That can be a sign that what bugs you is what you need, you have to take baby steps though or the cure can be worse than the disease.. i've had 1 beer already rambling
    steve_64 likes this.
  9. steve_64
    steve_64

I tried a lot of different things many recommended by doctor's only to turn my guts inside out.

I can eat left over pizza that's been on the counter for three days without issues. But all the good gut stuff just really messed me up. I'm not normal in just about everything.
    Processed foods agree with me as do meats. Veggies that are cooked are ok but I just accept it. Better to feel good now and die younger than to be miserable for a long time. I'll probably die from my heart anyway. I have cut back on sugars though.
  10. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    Well I’m not sure I qualify as a “health addict”. I just don’t want animals tortured on my behalf for no other reason than they taste good.

But this is hardly what I consider processed.

I do eat very few processed foods and choose organic and non gmo when available.

A8B5A164-CFE2-4A7A-8841-66DF7FA19693.jpeg
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Bob Pruitt and steve_64 like this.
  11. steve_64
    steve_64

And I consider jarred food as canned. I've done a lot of canning.

I couldn't think of a better phrase for health addict lol. Health concious I guess I'm getting tired and talking with the wife too.
  12. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    I was a health addict for 2 yrs, recovering from a brain aneurysm when the drugs made it worse can do that. Now I'm more minimise or avoid processed and keep it simple, although I have to admit I had way more energy even 2 yrs ago when I was watching everything and supplementing regularly.. 2 beers
    steve_64 likes this.
  13. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I eat very little processed food, except for beer. Not very hard to buy some meat and veggies and cook em up
  14. steve_64
    steve_64

Had a chiropractor give me this. 1520043730138-1428116057.jpg really slowed my stomach down and lowered my body heat. I was always uncomfortably warm even at 65 degrees room temp. I even got cold a couple times this winter.

My brother died from a disected aorta before 40 and the chiropractor said I'm I'm pushing my stomach into my esophegus and it's not letting my sphincter open causing my food to get stuck. I also was getting strong throbbing on the left side where the aorta is so I get concerned.
    Other doctors act like I'm an idiot but this guy's all about natural healing and has helped me a lot.
  15. steve_64
    steve_64

Fred I hear ya on the animal issue. If I could I would only eat wild game but it's just not possible the way most of us live today.

My dad use to get his hogs in Iowa from a friend who raised them humanely and I've raised my own chickens. Use to buy old hens from people I knew too.

Just trying to live as long as I can as happily as possible now.
    Cleanworks likes this.
  16. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    Theres a lot to be said for a good chiropractor, the 1 I've seen now 4+yrs without knowing my history and after 1st exam said you get a lot of headaches on right side of your skull somethings not right theres way too much tension(the side I had brain bleed). Have'nt had a headache in prob 3 yrs except when I pay him sheesh
    steve_64 likes this.