^^^^^Guess who?^^^^^^

W

War Monger

Larry Capitoni....aka Meat Head.

I hear he's older than dirt and more wise than Jesus Christ himself.

That's probably a magic wand in his hand.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ouch Mikey, that really hurt. I cleaned between 6-7000 home and businesses before I came off the road in later 1985, then cleaned about another 1000 since, and probably at least 10,000 rugs.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not me guys, but I had to take a second look to be sure.

I used to clean carpet in that exact outfit. But we were running Chemstractors,Bates 1411 portables, and the Prochem 400 truck mounts in those days, so no such wands for us in those days.

Whoever it is is probably as old as me by now, so guess someone 50+

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I just love the walls, carpet and countertops. Was that 1971 or what!!

There are only a few still in the industry who were in it that young that are frequent posters here... we're running out of possibilities.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Jim Pemberton said:
Not me guys, but I had to take a second look to be sure.

I used to clean carpet in that exact outfit. But we were running Chemstractors,Bates 1411 portables, and the Prochem 400 truck mounts in those days, so no such wands for us in those days.

Whoever it is, is probably as old as me by now, so guess someone 50+

That was my first comment, I'm not that old, that dude is probbaly 16-18, but I do dig the PERM!

One thing I did notice that no one commented on, he's using a 5 jet wand, Industry Leader ahead of his time?

Notice the Pre-scrub and rinse action....wonder what machine he scrubbed with, doesn't look like a 17" floor machine.

Ya think that is 1.25" Lee, I think it's 1.5"....lol

I liked the comment it was Judd, he was cool before it was cool to be cool.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Considering how far ahead of his time Judson Jones was, I'd doubt he'd let his son clean with such a narrow vacuum hose.

And I'm not certain that they ever had a cleaning company. Correct me if I'm misinformed?

Greenie

It's a porty I would guess.
How many 2" porties back then?

Good question, Did Judd have a cleaning company, dunno?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
iT IS lES dOG-gON-IT.... :!:

It could be "****** DaddY"... :?

But those are the SAME tennis shoes that WaLdo ...is stILL wearing... :shock:

PictureorVideo047.jpg

It is hard to believe it has been 34 years since that photo was taken. The year was 1976. I was 16 years old. I was cleaning a night club in Sarasota, Florida at a golf resort called El Conquistador. My brother Dick, and I were using the Astroturf cleaning rig that my Dad made in ’67.

This facility actually had three floors. We were running three wands at one time. The vacuum hose was inch and a half. It was a vinyl wire-wrapped hose. Back in those days high negative pressure thermoplastic hoses had not been developed yet. The Astroturf truck was capable of running 5 wands. The most we ever ran was 4 wands at a multi-floor bank.

We brought all the hoses up the stairwells. As the operators were working their way back to the stairwells through the building, they kept pulling the hose back down the stairwell. I was at the truck and walked over to the stairwell door on the ground floor. I opened the door and the hose was piled up over 10 feet high at the bottom of the stairs. It was the biggest spaghetti mess you can imagine.

I actually started cleaning carpets when I was 10 years old as a helper for the Deep Clean System which was a service company we owned. That is how I would get my motorcycle racing money back then.

me at 10 years old on a SL 100 HONDA

PictureorVideo046.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom