Gym mat cleaning

Mikey P

Administrator
Second or third time I've done these, usually found in Martial Arts studios.

They've been mopping them on occasion.
Black top parking lot
Blood, sweat and tears..

Procyon mopped down, Red padded, glided wand rinse @ 300psi at medium heat, micro flat mopped any puddles

20171122_115517.jpg
20171122_125945.gif

20171122_145359.jpg
20171122_131217.gif

#1 is too funny..

20171122_160918.jpg

@WillS stopped by to say hi..

20171122_103509.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lots of nasty stuff on gym mats.

mrsa, ring worm, planters warts, hepatitis,staph and a slew of other nasty bacteria and viruses.

A good antimicrobial would be a good idea as long as the product doesn't leave a residue or damage the cover. It could be you spray the product and allow a kill time of 10-15 minutes and then rinse.

It would not only be effective but a valued service. I'd wear gloves while cleaning and avoid skin to surface contact until cleaned.

Gym mats are very expensive and they usually have quite an investment in them. Whatever they paid I'm sure they would pay a little more for the piece of mind knowing you turned the clock back to zero on the opportunistic microbes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I used to swab off the mats at my son’s dojang (Korean for dojo) every week, using microban.

One day the Korean owner came to me and said thanks, but he had a concern. “It make dojang smell good” he said “but dojang supposed to smell AWFUL!”

Hahahahaha

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why didn't you use a tile wand with a brush on it? It looks like your carpet wand would lock down on it

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Did many wrestling mats at a highschool that had to be disinfected due to the above reasons.
Basically used a pod disinfectant and mopped it on and rinsed. But that's what janitors did 20 years ago : )

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Kind of like a laundry detergent "Pod" of which there were several different kinds . Throw one in a bucket of warm water and it desolves . Get them at a jansan dist.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You guys crack me up with the buffer on the gym mats. It’s not like it’s restaurant grease. It’s just dried sweat. Let the chemical do the work and just rinse.

It should almost be the same as doing a urine treatment with some all fiber rinse. Just spray, dwell, rinse and suck

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Why or how would a red pad damage thick vinyl?
Thats why i am asking you...i dunno much about cleaning gym mats... Wasnt sure if it was the pad kind or something. Just trying to learn.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Red pad won't hurt it unless it very cheap stuff.

Have more concern with moisture between the cracks of the mats, would need to run air movers a while as I don't live in the desert.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I love the fact that NV is driest state in the US... Mostly arid and desert..at the sames from GVille to Pyramid lake, its considered wet land.. tons of wetlands creature to find in the driest state..all thanks to being the most mountainous state... Thats why ill never move. I was born here and ill die here.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Lots of nasty stuff on gym mats.

mrsa, ring worm, planters warts, hepatitis,staph and a slew of other nasty bacteria and viruses.

A good antimicrobial would be a good idea as long as the product doesn't leave a residue or damage the cover. It could be you spray the product and allow a kill time of 10-15 minutes and then rinse.

It would not only be effective but a valued service. I'd wear gloves while cleaning and avoid skin to surface contact until cleaned.

Gym mats are very expensive and they usually have quite an investment in them. Whatever they paid I'm sure they would pay a little more for the piece of mind knowing you turned the clock back to zero on the opportunistic microbes.
I know they cost like $150.oo per tile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom