Had my A$$ handed to me today....

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Hub' started by Wandslinger, Oct 17, 2017.

1. rider0992
    rider0992

Name:
    Kenny Hayes
    Every coat that is on there is prolly mop and glow!!
  2. mmarkovic
    mmarkovic

I never love these but plowing through has gotten me quite proficient at understanding most every type of sealer used and how to remove. Indeed Dealtimeman has the process figured out until you find the magic juice that conquers all. Then stick to your formula until you encounter that antique Mop n Glow (water borne urethane) or a modern urethane requiring paint stripper. I landed one of those many years ago. Quoted $12 per sq ft and still lost my shorts on the job. Another suggestion made in this thread was to keep it hot. Totally wrong as many acrylic or styrene acrylic finishes will harden back up due to the heat so I cut the heat. Most coatings are designed to use a mop and warm water from a bucket and that never stays warm long.
    Keep your stripper from drying on the surface by agitating lightly adding water till you hit bottom (bottom is no slippery feel under your finger) now it's time to turbo the emulsified mess away. I still never use a swing or side by side machine to agitate floors I'm stripping. It just slings wax everywhere onto things that don't need it. A drag hoop could help if you're determined to drag the power tool into the mess but why? Just be patient and let the stripper do the work. We're carpet cleaners that are just used to fast spray and suck results on carpets. I use a carpet groomer brush to move things around till the wax is liquified.
    Mikey P likes this.
  3. SamIam
    SamIam

Supportive Member

Name:
    sam miller
    I swear I run from these, but see guys on Facebook bragging Black pad and stripper and great results

Which brings me to new post thread soon