Hand Stitch Chart

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Questions for Harry, Steve and others. I'm trying to make a laminated card from the stitch photo and after reading Harry's notes on uses of stitches I have a question." The crow ft stitch is used for padding and the Teddy bear Stitch I used on some ingrains". Are these only rugs of questionable parenthood ? What is an INGRAIN?
Thanks, Doug

Stevea

Doug,

While I do not claim to know everything about particular woven goods other than the normal Ax, Velvet and Wilton, my understanding of an ingrain is a flat woven material that is double sided and it has be woven together in strips.

I use a needle and thread a lot but I use it to manipulate and repair. The chart Harry put up is for hand sewing seams and unfortunately that is almost a lost art, except for ones like Harry, who obviously has some serious skills when it comes to working with woven goods.

I am sure he can add a lot to this, my biggest thing is to work with what I am trying to repair and try to figure out how to make what I know work or how to adapt it to work. Knowing how to use a needle and thread is a great tool to have.

I am sure this does not answer all of your question but maybe it can help a little.

Keep posting and share with us some of your work, an interchange of work and ideas can go a long way to help all of us here.

SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Steve pretty much answered your ingrain question. It is reversibe and it is knittes tightly . I't is phenominally expensive you can easily get one rug for appr 30,000.00 Just did a couple of them around a month ago. But D .Rice what is your question.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I am very busy. I forgot about my job and had to travel into the mountains. I wish I could have been there. Building on my house . Busy day and night. I been watching though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom