Hand-Tufted Wool/Silk Rug

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Was over at the local Dallas Rug Plant and got a photo of this rug.

I thought some of the rug gurus would enjoy it:

silkrug1.jpg

Hand tufted wool with extensive silk inserts,
very dense pile (about 7/8 in thick),
very nice luster from all the silk.
~12' x 20'

If you have to ask,

you can't afford it.

I am starting a research project on proper wet extraction cleaning procedures for a rug of this quality.

Larry

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Good luck on your project Larry.

The procedure might vary slightly depending on the percentage of silk, the quality of the silk, and whether the silk was cut or loop. Oh, and if coating it with a dirt hider counts as cleaning.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I cleaned a 8-10 the other day. Cut wool and cut silk. Off white background with mustard colored vines all the way across. The vines were silk. First one I have seen in 15 years. Six months old and trashed by grand kids. Vaced the hell out of it. Misted with shampoo in a gt spray bottle and aggitate and rinsed with water with my drymaster. Set the nap with a towel and speed dried and all was well. Except for the red coolade spots that were on the wool and silk together. This is a good customer, does anybody have a idea on the red stains . I am ussually there ever 2 months.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Wow that’s ugly It’s as if a 70’s loop pile carpet had sloppy sex with a Sino Persian rug and this was the bastard child

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bryan;

You're one of the experienced rug cleaners I intend to consult...

Larry

Lyman- you could try Dye Stain Remover, but it usually takes heat to remove set stains.
...It is not recommended for wool or silk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom