Hanging the wand

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm looking to hang one of my wands form the ceiling of the van. It has a slotted glide on it so I don't use it every day. Does anyone have any good ideas? I still want it to be convenient. Pics would be nice.

Bob Foster

I won't be held responsible for deep gashes on your head!
1ec95589.jpg

that looks dangerous. What happens to the passenger if you were to rear end someone? That wand would take a large chunk of his head. I'm speaking of the open ended pipe.

Rex Tyus

that looks dangerous. What happens to the passenger if you were to rear end someone? That wand would take a large chunk of his head. I'm speaking of the open ended pipe.

Good reason to always be in the drivers seat. :D

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a suspicion that there will be lots of new toys at Connections

I sure hope so and I hope it is good useful things..we are getting cluttered with way to much useless garbage...........

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Head wounds... another reason I really want a box truck.

The way my filter box and waste tank comes together with the blower filter, my headrest is a metal pipe! Any kind of collision and I am going to split the back of my head open... not to mention flying wands, floor machines and airpath fans! Oh, and a solid steel olde-tyme vacuum...

If anybody knows of a diesel box truck within 100 miles of billings Mt for under 13K please let me know.

Lora Olson

Do you have a chemical shelf? I'll post pics monday of a safer way to store your wand then above your head.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
SIMPLY AMAZING...........................

Don't you have a cargo barrier between the cargo area and your cabin ??

Mine does several things.

Stops cargo from entering cab area causing injury.

Stops fumes.

Stops heat.

Keeps cab cool with air con;

Down under, our cargo barriers meet an Australian Design Rule Standard.

Cheers,

Shorty.

CarpetQueen

Shane T said:
I'm looking to hang one of my wands form the ceiling of the van. It has a slotted glide on it so I don't use it every day. Does anyone have any good ideas? I still want it to be convenient. Pics would be nice.

There's a guy in Florida that makes wand hooks that clip onto the side of your solution rack. Want his info? http://www.hotheatexchangers.com Look around on his site and you will find them.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Carpet Queen: I've got no room except the ceiling but I'll look at the site you gave. Thanks

Lisa & Lora: I will wait anxiously to see what each of you have.

CarpetQueen

Seems like you might be able to build a shelf at your van ceiling that is closed off solidly at the cab end of safety, but open at the back door side to easily slide the wands in, then use a hinged lid or safety strap to held them in securely. Or just a system of hooks at the ceiling, same idea, but more open. OR a more open system of well placed boards. OR.... Metal would be lightest, although wood and plastic (pipe?) would be possible. Hope this brainstorm helps!!! ???

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have never had a metal barrier on any of the carpet vans I run. (I am an employee) however, at the last company I worked for, I bitched like hell until they let me run the box truck, for the reason of safety and AC...

My argument went something like this: You dip$hit brother and his friend don't even wear seatbelts, why do they need the safer rig? Have you seen what a mess it is? That's because they are unwilling to climb up in there to get things, so they throw everything in the back, why don't you give them the cargo van? It would be easier for them to keep it clean...

It worked... until I tore the mirror of the box truck, then I was back to the cargo van...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom