Hard water on marble floor

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
What would be the best chemical to use on hard water stains on a marble shower floor.

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Try a stone / nano scrub with 3M pad and extract at 800-1000 psi.
Don't use any acid cleaners they will etch / eat away at the marble.
Depending on how heavy it is you may have to scrape and even use a 200 grit 5" DIP pad to remove build up

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Just want to add -hard water stains(if there isnt actual mineral deposits) can sometimes just be etching on the surface. Hosekeepers and or homeowners can tend to use disinfectants on the base. With either issue using abrasives will work fine-just make sure you have the right mix of abrasives so you can match the floor to the walls or bring the stone back to the desired or factory finish.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
IMG_3881.JPG

Customer emailed me this picture. The house is about 1 year old and is a multi million dollar home so I'm assuming there is a housekeeper that does the cleaning.

Last edited:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Great snakes! Is that lime, or soap? Go see it in person. If those are marble and not ceramic tiles, you csnnot use an acid unless you plan to refinish. If they are ceramic, good ol Barkeeper's Friend and a Makita with red pad cut in 5" disks to scrub.

Reactions: mwall2230

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Rob does the quart size have any mechanism to prevent elves from hosing down the whole neighborhood? I've considered a cat o' nine tails, but it is so hard to find a good one these days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom