Has anyone transfered a Vortex from an old chasis to new Chasis?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Please share any info.

I might have to do the same since the old chassis has to be retired from service in California in 2020- unless the law changes.

been trying to sell it on Ebay but no action.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Hum does that mean it was tried but epic fail?
Hoping to save this thing. Blower, silencer, cat pump near new.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Find a compliant vehicle with a similar pto (preferably identical), and that can legally have it's exhaust tapped for the hx.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Find a compliant vehicle with a similar pto (preferably identical), and that can legally have it's exhaust tapped for the hx.

No not even that close to easy as you would still have to engineer the chasis for the Pto and you would have to get a truck the still had a throttle cable.

Wouldnt I just buy same vehicle as AT is using today and try to buy PTO from them? Wished AT offered this service.

This would be cost prohibitive and just as much work as building a new one with the headaches of using used parts. Plus your setup controls rpm by throttle cable and the newer trucks are all eletronic throttle with programming to disable regen during pto operating periods.

You might find an 07 0r latest an 08 that might have a throttle cable then you have a bunch of engineering to do for blower mounting/bracing and pto chasis and power transfer calculations and executions.

And this would only buy you a few years of service.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Have you asked?

yes I inquired about it a few years ago but they were not interested at the time.
Maybe you have more convincing power.
I would think they are other V owners in CA that might want same repair.

But sounds like engineering headache from what Dealtimeman says. I thought PTO was only issue.

Name
Nate W.
yes I inquired about it a few years ago but they were not interested at the time.
Maybe you have more convincing power.
I would think they are other V owners in CA that might want same repair.

But sounds like engineering headache from what Dealtimeman says. I thought PTO was only issue.

He's just buttering you up for a low ball offer...... :clap:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Hours: 6108 total, less then 600 on new blower
Miles: about 119360
Year: 2004
6008: Yes
AT, FMI or Blueline?: AT
New parts?: new blower, silencer, fairly new cat pump, cat pump clutch, new tires, new brakes, transmission serviced
Fixes?: Had fuel system serviced, changed injectors. The fresh water tank doesn't seem to leak anymore with last repair
Needing attention?: Oddly the gauges work sometimes and others not on 1st job, then better on 2nd job. maybe from sitting around too much. The APO isn't working, small rust spot on rear window. As you may know these are gutless going over the Sierras.. But maybe just a fuel/air mixture issue. goes 65-70 in SF highways.
What's included?: Not much--maybe some Old vac hose If you want them. few gallons of Zentherm if I don't use it before selling. some oil and fuel filters, back up camera.
Price? 24,000 or Best offer.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hours: 6108 total, less then 600 on new blower
Miles: about 119360
Year: 2004
6008: Yes
AT, FMI or Blueline?: AT
New parts?: new blower, silencer, fairly new cat pump, cat pump clutch, new tires, new brakes, transmission serviced
Fixes?: Had fuel system serviced, changed injectors. The fresh water tank doesn't seem to leak anymore with last repair
Needing attention?: Oddly the gauges work sometimes and others not on 1st job, then better on 2nd job. maybe from sitting around too much. The APO isn't working, small rust spot on rear window. As you may know these are gutless going over the Sierras.. But maybe just a fuel/air mixture issue. goes 65-70 in SF highways.
What's included?: Not much--maybe some Old vac hose If you want them. few gallons of Zentherm if I don't use it before selling. some oil and fuel filters, back up camera.
Price? 24,000 or Best offer.
Why don't you just keep running it until 2020, make as much money as you can until then, and when the law expires it, sell it everywhere else then for $12k. It'll probably bring in another $500k between now and 2020, and it'll sell faster then

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Why don't you just keep running it until 2020, make as much money as you can until then, and when the law expires it, sell it everywhere else then for $12k. It'll probably bring in another $500k between now and 2020, and it'll sell faster then

My guys don't like driving it. In SF there are trees planted on sidewalk near curb. sometimes these trees make parking difficult.
One guy is scared of the flat nose cab over design if he should be in accident== he could hurt his pussy.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Is Jimmy still using a Castex wand?-- are we going to have to start a GOFundMe Page to get him a new wand?
But then we might have to do same for Ofer-- He still uses a flip phone. :stir:

maybe I'll do something stupid with the vortex if it doesn't sell-- export it to Thailand and use it to suck the rice grains of the stalks. :oldrolleyes:

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom