Have you ever "just stopped by" to pick up a late check???

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I got some dumb arse who hasn't returned a call in a month plus
20170615_143235.jpg
20170615_140120.jpg
, just sent 2nd "your late" letter. Worked for them once before, no issues with payment.

Is it acceptable to "stop by" when someones 5-6 weeks late with payment?

It's a 200 or so tile job with delightful results....

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
I got some dumb arse who hasn't returned a call in a month plusView attachment 73797 View attachment 73798 , just sent 2nd "your late" letter. Worked for them once before, no issues with payment.

On residential i dont know why your not accepting payment COD cause this is what happens. I would stop in for sure. U gotta ask yourself if a $200 job is worth the hassle giving terms for payment.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
Name
Jeff T
I got some dumb arse who hasn't returned a call in a month plusView attachment 73797 View attachment 73798 , just sent 2nd "your late" letter. Worked for them once before, no issues with payment.

I've got a client in town that doesn't pay for 3-4 months...... he is also one of my best clients...... he spends between 3-4K a year with me...... it just takes FOREVER for him to pay. BTW, I've never even met him face to face..... he's a very well known local business man.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
After the second reminder I just call and tell them that I'm forgiving the debt and hope things get better for them.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Call them and leave the last message: "I'm calling concerning the late payment I'm needing. This is the Last message you'll receive. The next notification you'll get will be from the probate office". Give them 24hrs to respond. Chances are, you'll get a check real soon

steve_64

Just give then a call. I've got a list of calls to make tomorrow. It's usually all it takes, a polite reminder.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just give then a call. I've got a list of calls to make tomorrow. It's usually all it takes, a polite reminder.

Called four times(at least), had to leave a message all times. 1st demand letter sent a few days ago.

Worked for him before, was not home at time of service.

Reactions: steve_64

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have two I have been waiting for 90 days on. One 6k, one 22k both we agreed to ahead of time.

However we have one for 90k that is nearly a year old. Fighting with the adjuster, even the client is owed money and reimbursement on some of her expenses. Don't ever believe those commercials, they are only to sign you up. Adjusters aren't sales people, they treat the insured rudely.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Able 1

Name
Keith
I let my wife chase it.. She is real good at it!! She has done collections in her past, so I really do "pity the fool" who messes with her! lol! When it come to collections she is the honey badger.. If I never work for them again after that, that's fine! If I do they know what they have in store for them if they don't pay..:lol:

I haven't ever gone back to a place that hasn't paid, but I don't see a reason not to..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I let my wife chase it.. She is real good at it!! She has done collections in her past, so I really do "pity the fool" who messes with her! lol! When it come to collections she is the honey badger.. If I never work for them again after that, that's fine! If I do they know what they have in store for them if they don't pay..:lol:

I haven't ever gone back to a place that hasn't paid, but I don't see a reason not to..
It's always good to have a person who hasn't developed a face to face relationship with the customer. They show no pity, and your wife sees you come home tired every day. It probably pisses her off, lol

Able 1

Name
Keith
EXACTLY! I wouldn't chase it myself... We have different personality's! I'm chill and she is NOT..

Found the same to be true for estimates, she just kills it!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have one that is 4 years out....adjuster's personal home he owes me money...and know's it...I send an invoice every month...and he lives about half mile from me too....

I just had another that would have been a year in 2 weeks...

I had sent him the final invoice of we are just turning this over for collections end of July....

I was in the area of his business building we had done work on...

He stopped in as I was cleaning....and wrote a check :eekk:

Never expected to get paid....but my wife ran the check through our accounts without checking with his bank if the check is good....:dejection:

So far...we have not seen it come back....

Being hopeful.....

And I have some in collections for the past 3 or 4 years...and some...we will never get a dime....even from the collection agency....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I usually send an intent to place lien. I wait if no response in a few weeks I place a mechanics lien on property and send them a copy. You need to check your states laws for how long you have to place lien. After a certain amount of time you loose the right to lien. I have had to do this about three times and all three times I got paid with interest and fees. My son has a painting company that he had to place a lien a year later when homeowner refinanced the house bam the lien came up. They paid.

Reactions: jcooper and Able 1

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have never "stopped by" however I have one restaurant franchise that I occasionally send them a firm warning that we will no longer be able to service their restaurants until all past due invoices are paid. Always recieve the check within a week after that warning.

In another note my wife received a call from new restaurant about 30 miles away that they needed us to come and clean. MFer must have thought I forgot that he skipped out on paying me last time when they shut down about 4 years ago (first of 2 in 12 years)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom