Have you gotten the hang of your Grout Perfect brush yet?

Mikey P

Administrator
Took me a long time to get the hang of it.
Now I won't wipe my arse with out it.

Color sealing is so dang quick now.

We cleaned and CS'd a 150 sf kitchen today in two hours flat.

12 by 12, 1/4 grout.

$380 after her huge discount. (15% coupon and minus $70.00 because I had her color in stock.

Plan on spending time at their M6F booth if you don't already have it down.

They make it looks so easy in the video demonstration but you really have to squeeze the bottle to get the sealer to flow. I think when I tried using it the sealer was clogged in the tip. I have just been spreading it a few lines at a time, brushing it in, and then wiping. Next time I am going to sqeeze some of the color seal out of the bottle first to get rid of any hardened sealer before applying the applicator brush. Mikey you are getting 3 dollars foot. Thats pretty good.

Spurling

are you having any problems with the sealer sticking to the grout .. when it comes down to the wipe down, I end up wiping some color out ..(on every job I do).. so I end up waiting a bit till it dries then Im scrubbing the color off the tile itself .. which takes me a long time what do you think causes that ?

greenclean

Grout lines are too high thats why you are wiping it off. You need to survey the floor prior to color sealing but after you clean it. If you have high grout lines you can take them down a bit before you colorseal.

Spurling

even if they were high .. isnt the color supposed to stick/absorb into/on the cement grout? If you spilled some on the sidewalk I doubt it would wipe off

RickL

I've used the brush since day one and your right it sure makes a difference once
you get it. Had a couple part timers working for me and I finally had to stand over them
and make them use them until they got the hang of it. Now they work
quicker but they sure didn't like them at first.

Mikey P

Administrator
Paul,
Are you using GP or some sub standard brand?

GP will still every time assuming there are no coatings involved

Most of the others do need some set up time.

Mikey P

Administrator
Then start using floor stripper as your grout cleaner.

The mop and Glow aint coming off with what ever you're using now.

Spurling

Mikey P said:
Then start using floor stripper as your grout cleaner.

The mop and Glow aint coming off with what ever you're using now.

Yeah Ive always wondered if that may have been the problem .. what kind of stripper should I use .. I dont do any natural stone .. thanks.

Ive used Hard Power and now Im using Green Balance from Bridgepoint

Mikey P

Administrator
Just your basic floor finish stripper that you get at Home Depot or a Janitorial store.

There are a zillion floors out there that were sealed with some crappy water based topical that you'll never know is there until you go to color seal it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We use Grouterra's brush tips they are much easier and pratical to use than the ones that comes with GP's CS.

If you are having problems with the CS sticking there is deff some sort of sealer on the grout, there's a few different strippers out there. I've used the Zep stripper @ HD, it works good, but watch out for the odor.

Always test test test.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Spurling said:
Anything "GREEN"

Nope.

If you take some ultrapak renovate, and mix it with acrylic floor stripper, it just about knocks any type of sealant off the tile with some decent dwell time.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Daimer has some green products, the only thing is the cost. Usually you have to purchase it in quantity.

MikeS

High lines are tough to color and contamination on/in the grout can make it difficult for the colorseal to bite, like many here have said.

Also make sure you get all that alkaline cleaner off the grout. I mean ALL of it. Consider maybe a quick, mild acid wash after the alkaline as well, it will help more often than not. Obviously the acid will open up the pores a bit and allow the color to soak in quicker but there is also a little chemistry going on here. All of the colorsealers are alkaline themselves, the high pH is part of what keeps the resins in the emulsion. Getting the surface of the grout closer to neutral, or a tiny bit below helps the resin part drop out of the emulsion and bite onto the grout quicker.

Drier grout will grab the colorseal quicker too.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
MikeS said:
High lines are tough to color and contamination on/in the grout can make it difficult for the colorseal to bite, like many here have said.

Also make sure you get all that alkaline cleaner off the grout. I mean ALL of it. Consider maybe a quick, mild acid wash after the alkaline as well, it will help more often than not. Obviously the acid will open up the pores a bit and allow the color to soak in quicker but there is also a little chemistry going on here. All of the colorsealers are alkaline themselves, the high pH is part of what keeps the resins in the emulsion. Getting the surface of the grout closer to neutral, or a tiny bit below helps the resin part drop out of the emulsion and bite onto the grout quicker.

Drier grout will grab the colorseal quicker too.

Mike,

I've been using your CS applicators and been pretty happy with them.

Do you sell the CS wipes in smaller quantities? I have quite a bit of shammies already, but would like to try out yours as well.

Bill

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks Bill, bought a few of Grouterras brushes today. Don't do much color seal but have one in a few weeks. Some grout is just not a good candidate for color sealing. First time was a pita and I quickly learned how to tell them apart.

Albert

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I used a Grouterra brush applicator today. I like it a whole lot better than that giant GP brush. The bristles are not as long or stiff as the GP thingy. I was just applying a thin bead of sealer with a small bottle and using a toothbrush. Took way longer, but I kept wasting a lot of sealer trying to get the hang of the GP brush. So whoever suggested the Grouterra, THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom