Heat exchanger

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
that HX looks like it's already been disassembled and re-welded. Maybe they just had it repaired before.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
upload_2017-2-15_14-49-43.jpeg

Speaking of heat exchangers .. mine is 2ft long and the switchgage is at the end where the pressurized cold water comes in .. shouldnt it be reading the temp as its leaving the exchanger? Seems like it would be an inaccurate reading and would be better positioned somewhere between the exit line of the exchanger and before the solenoid valve. Also I imagined the water running thru tubes as the heat blew around the tubes .. how is this switchgage dippin into water to take the temp if its runnin through tubes?

Name
Nate W.
View attachment 69879

Speaking of heat exchangers .. mine is 2ft long and the switchgage is at the end where the pressurized cold water comes in .. shouldnt it be reading the temp as its leaving the exchanger? Seems like it would be an inaccurate reading and would be better positioned somewhere between the exit line of the exchanger and before the solenoid valve. Also I imagined the water running thru tubes as the heat blew around the tubes .. how is this switchgage dippin into water to take the temp if its runnin through tubes?

What exchanger do you have? Machine?

steve_64

Just connect the two quick couplers to each other.
I tried this but the hose sprung a leak lol. to much bend. I put it back and it doesn't leak too bad. I am going to a shop tomorrow to get those replaced and maybe some others that may be leaking.

Got the power steering pump replaced today and some break work done so I'll see what happens with getting these lines fixed and how much heat I have. I spent $700 so spending another &1300 minimum isn't on the top of my to do list.

steve_64

So I replaced a couple lines and fittings today and was able to bypass the heat exchanger.

Seems to be running smooth again. I'll find out tomorrow about the heat. I'd like to save up and get a new blower to go with the heat exchanger.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

The heat was OK but now that I've had better heat I am willing to pay for the repair. Just will wait a bit and see if I can do the blower too.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
why are you changing the blower is it bad or are you going to a bigger one?

steve_64

why are you changing the blower is it bad or are you going to a bigger one?
The blower is bad. It knocks real bad sometimes . It had been froze up once and was broke free with a pipe wrench. I'd like to put a 59 in Instead of the 56 but not sure about it. I see 59s cheaper than 56s on eBay.

steve_64

Well the heat seams pretty good now that I've used it a couple more days. I'm even thinking about removing it from the system for now and use bigger exhaust to let it really breath.

Kicking around ideas to lay it all out to fit me better too. I'm thinking about some things you have mentioned Lee.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom