Hello fellow rug suckers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Tim, how's that 427 working? I've made it to over 900 hours on my Boxxer XL with very few mishaps. I love it

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have a new engine (3 years old) and a new blower( 1 year old) on it so it is still going. It still starts every day and sucks up the dirt and stuff so I am going to keep it going for a little while longer.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Matt

Tell us a bit about your business

Welcome aboard!
It's mainly a carpet cleaning business, but like all of us, I do all the other stuff that a carpet cleaner can do. My website www.curraheecleaningservices.com and I have a Facebook setup also. I've been in this business for 13 years, and I've been a one man show the whole time, meaning I'm broke, lol. Nah, I'm just a terrible boss that's too scared to give the wand to a high school idiot. I'm going to SFS in atlanta next week, so maybe I'll get some pointers on hiring. I've needed that class for a long time. I'll let you know how it goes

But other than that, feel free to get nosy and ask me some questions about me or my business. I'll be glad to answer. I'm not one of these weirdos on the web that hides behind his screen.

Reactions: Mikey P and TimM

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Welcome.

Two best things you will do for your business is being here and going to SFS. 13 years....what took you so long to get on board here and with SFS?

I've done SFS 5 times (I've lost count). Love it and it has been huge for our company. You will get so much from it. Congrats on taking the steps to grow toe business by attending that and joinjng MB!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Welcome Matt!

Mostly residential or commercial?

Who answers the phone?

Do you carry a vacuum? What kind?

Rotary extractor?

Zipper?

Welcome to the best place for CC's on the web!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Welcome Matt!

Mostly residential or commercial?

Who answers the phone?

Do you carry a vacuum? What kind?

Rotary extractor?

Zipper?

Welcome to the best place for CC's on the web!
Hey Russ. Yeah, I'm mostly residential, but the few commercial ones I have are very profitable. I ditched crap like chinese restaurants a long time ago. I answer the phone, carry 2 vacuums: Royal, and Proteam. I'm still stubborn on not wanting a Rotary extractor, and I'm too broke to buy a Zipper. Thanks for the welcome

Reactions: Russ T.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
F-I-V-E times?
Talk about your slow learners.
Ok ok, very smart of you Madonna to take advantage of SFS.

I learn something new every time I go. Our business is in a different place then the first time I went...what didn't resonate with me in previous SFS does when I go again since we are in a different place and ripe for that info this time!

And, I love canoodling with the other cleaners.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Royal and Proteam for my van as well.

So how do you tackle the filthy jobs Matt?
Just like any other good rug sucker, for trashed rentals and commercial, I pull out the Royal to prevac, then pre spray with either a butyl based liquid pre spray, or my powder Grease Eraser from Chemeisters, and HWE with my Boxxer XL at 500psi. I'm a hack, so I get too lazy to put a blower down. I just do more dry passes than normal for my dry times to be awesome.

On the houses for the pretty people, I use my Proteam, the grease eraser cut in half with a little oxygen for light colored carpets, rinse at 500psi, collect a check and make out with the soccer moms, and take off to my next job, lol.

I've got a crap load of extra pre spray in my shed that I need to use up, chemspec enzyme, other liquid pre sprays, etc, so my chemical cost this year should be a lot lower than last year.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just did a big job today of over 3000sq. ft of commercial carpet tile that wasn't glued down due to previous water damage. Talk about an annoying job. I kept sucking up the tile and having to put it back down after I HWE it

michealtroy

Name
micheal
Hey Matt Great choice on the Boxer XL......coming from that other truck mount! you had...i remember the threads on the other board..i got the 570 and loving it

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Matt Great choice on the Boxer XL......coming from that other truck mount! you had...i remember the threads on the other board..i got the 570 and loving it
Yeah, I was miserable on all the down time I had about 4months before I got my Boxxer XL. When did you get the 570? I would've spent more money to get the Titan or the 570, but my funds were so tight having to get a tm at the beginning of the year, it just wasn't possible. I wanted something like you've got just because the heat is a little better and it has a liquid cooled engine. My XL has been so good at performing, I can't complain

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah, as soon as funds allow it, I'm gonna end up getting one also

Come see us in Wandlanta, every toy imaginable will be there for you to test.

The new Devpro No Name
Both Titanium Sapphires
Titanium PMFs,
Prochem Titanium Classic
Westpak 14" Titanium
US Product Evolution
Mighty Bentley
13, 15, 17 and twirling Zippers
CX15
Rotovac 360i, 360XL and something new from them as well
HOSS 700
Good ol' RX20
Hopefully a Trex Jr
Likely some new extraction device from Interlink
and a $900 Tony Dang wand of some sort..

Come test them all out hooked up to the truckmount or portable of your choice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom