Hello - From Grout Perfect

SJA

I am new to the board. I have a local service business that specializes in tile, grout & stone restoration. I also distribute Grout Perfect ColorSeal and have training programs that specialize in hard surface restoration, sales and methods of application.

I would just like to introduce myself and offer my opinion on any issues that members of this forum may have.

Name
Bruce
Welcome . Your link in your signature does not work, if you take the space out that is between "Grout" and "Perfect" it should work just fine.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Steve,

I have been holding off on learning this trade for over a year now. I am done pushing.

What would be the best tool for letting the customer pick a color? A certain color wheel?

Also, you stated elsewhere that you let the custy see it on the floor because you can take it off. How do you take it off?

I am ready to do my house of which 600 sq ft is tile and a bath counter. How much do I need?

Thanks for the help.

SJA

ColorSeal

Bryan,

We can match any grout manufacturers colors. All we need is the name of the color and the manufacturer. For example, you can go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc or any place that sells tile and get a grout color chart. This is the cheapest and easiest way to get going.

I do encourage doing a sample on the custy floor - because it really helps sell the job ( this would involve about a $75 investment). We have a very specific sales pitch that we use that is not aggressive - all we do is demonstrate what each option looks like and explain the pros / cons and 70% of all our jobs turn into CS. We even ColorSeal most of our new install work. If you or anyone wants more info on this let me know.

If you do a demo in a custy house you can remove the product with a high ph cleaner and a little bit of elbow grease.

If you are interested in doing 600sf + some counters you should order 2 pts of product and about 10 chamois. You did not give tile size - so I am assuming 12" tiles on floor.

If you decide to do your house make sure that you talk to me before you start the job - I can help you get going over the phone and save some time and aggravation.

Good luck

SJA

Albert,

We have been cleaning and sealing stone for years and it is a great business. We do alot of sealing on new install work and alot of truck mount clean/seal. Obviously, our new construction work has slowed down - but other areas have increased.

We just started polishing stone a few months ago and have been averaging about 3/4 polishing jobs a month.

Mikey P

Administrator
Go the all the tile stores in your area and find out what the most popular grout brands are. In my area it's Hydrament and Custom.

Both of these companies sell or give away (if you talk to the right people) a kit of 3 inch by 1/4 inch plastic simulated grout in all the available colors.

It REALLY helps the customer and you pick the make the right choice. Paper color charts can't compare.

L-2540APD-1007.jpg

pic2a.jpg

safeclean

Welcome Steve it is good to have you here, I myself have just recently taken on Grout Perfect distrubution here in Australia and New Zealand have been offering tile and grout restoration for over 2 years now and loving it I mainly deal with Nino from Grout Perfect Ohio .

I have also found using aceton, agitatation and rinsing with a gekko to remove color seal from a demo works well and quick.

Mike thanks for the color chart looks nice.

Craig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom