"Hello my name is Ken and I'd like to order 42 of these..."

F

FB7777

Re: "Hello my name is Ken and I'd like to order 42 of these.

Does it come in a 2.5 hose version?

How about a rubber ramp and leave the hoses on the ground... Those plastic tubes don't look very durable

rhyde

Name
rhyde

looks like someone had a couple beers and spent an hour at home depot

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

Seems a hell of a lot simpler then those elaborate ramps they want you to set up in San Francisco.

Albert

Dirtmonger

Quick somebody calculate the vacuum loss for have to lift recovery water directly up 6 ft.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

I'm looking at buying one of those foldout plastic ramps that fit over a 2.5" hose. Saw them in San Carlos when I was on the Adv Uph course. Look strong enough to drive over and low and wide enough for a wheel chair

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

My guys just park on the lawn. What?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

When I crossed hallways at the retirement center I did for years, I would strap the hoses to the ceiling.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

LOL too funny. We prefer driveways, plus by the time this guy is done setting it up my guys finished the house next door, collected a check and were waving to him on their way down the street.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

I see the advantage of these in areas were handicap accesbility is a conern or requirement. I believe there was a thread a while back where someone was required to have a ramp over their hoses in a situation. (Might have been foster) But the ramp had to be wheel chair friendly, which for most code is 1:8 ration, means that for a ramp that would go over 2.5 hose plus height of ramp, you were looking at about 24" but if you go below 1 :15 ratio you have to have a hand rail.. so now you are looking at a 45" ramp to make it wheel chair friendly just to go over 3" inches.

Here is an example of a 2" rise

http://www.cableramps.com/product.php?id=27

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

Ken Snow said:
LOL too funny. We prefer driveways, plus by the time this guy is done setting it up my guys finished the house next door, collected a check and were waving to him on their way down the street.
I have no doubt your guys would be Ken.

What about 2 of these hinged together
http://www.cableramps.com/product.php?id=44

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Ken Snow said:

For a while, here in S.F. they were handing $600.00 fines for running hoses over the sidewalk, even if you had a ramp, as it still violated the Americans with disabilities act. Unfortunately the driveways in S.F. are not long enough, so parking in them even if the client has one, you'd still be blocking the sidewalk- $200.00 fine. It makes the set up time more acceptable.

It is actually a good idea however, the system he set up looks like it will fall to the front and back (here it has to be 8 feet high.) Also it may not work in the steep areas in S.F. (too much of an angle.)

No front lawns Brian.

What saved us temporarily is that the policemen who were giving the tickets were off duty, that was how the city was 'helping' them make extra $$$.

S.F. to the help of the poor policemen!

It raised quite a stink in the local papers so for now they have cooled it.

David, I also posted about it. Here in S.F. we would need about 13' long ramp. 5' flat and 4 in each direction. It would have to have a railing and the rest of the sidewalk will have to be funneled into the ramp from both sides, so that it will enable blind people to be channeled onto the ramp. That, if any carpet cleaner ever followed it, would be quite an undertaking.

Maybe what we need is an established 'bakshish' system for the poor policemen. It is a common practice in the east.
The noun BAKSHISH has 1 sense:

1. a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

sounds like you guys in San Fransicso really take it up the ass

dgargan

Lol Greg. That was funny

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

They showed these at Connections. Two painter's extension poles and some pvc pipe, pretty easy to make if you want something that looks homemade. If they made one that was (and looked) more sturdy I'd buy a few. There are plenty of places where it would be the best way to cross a walkway.

Maybe what we need is an established 'bakshish' system for the poor policemen. It is a common practice in the east.
You mean the poor policemen who have an annual STARTING salary of $100,000 per year and are the highest paid police force in the country? I'm so sad they can't live on that wage.

Chris A

Name
Chris

yeah but thats West Coast money right?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

The Great Oz said:
They showed these at Connections. Two painter's extension poles and some pvc pipe, pretty easy to make if you want something that looks homemade. If they made one that was (and looked) more sturdy I'd buy a few. There are plenty of places where it would be the best way to cross a walkway.

You mean the poor policemen who have an annual STARTING salary of $100,000 per year and are the highest paid police force in the country? I'm so sad they can't live on that wage.

Bryan, a small bakshish sure beats the $600.00 fine.

And it may also provide them with the enterprenual spark, so missing from public service these days.

Look at the Afgan police. !gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom