Hello

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey, just trying to be formal about this,

My name is Keith I decided that i wanted to start a carpet cleaning business about 3 years ago while working as a vac. truck opperator. Now those vac. trucks have vacumme they can pick up about 200 lbs with a good seal (vortec has nothing on that!). This job sucked but it paid really well and I knew I had to suck it up so i could start my own thing. Lots of sucking hey?

Before the vac truck job I worked for a school as a custodian and thats where I started thinking about cleaning carpet for a living. The head custodian and I would do side jobs with portables and a scrubber and liked it alot.

Running a prochem peak with the four to the door tech. and its perfect power vs. gas consumption.

Starting my business I advertized 2 rooms and a FREE hall for $55.00 did 55,000 flyers by hand that year. 2nd year went up to $65.00 for the same 2 rooms and hall saw no change as far as the phone went. 3rd year I'm at $80.00 same deal and phones still ringing great. If I could do It all over I would have started at $80.00 because i think that low price made people think that they were not getting a good job.

Sometimes I wish I found this place sooner but i think i would have gotten pushed in too many directions on how things should be done. Now this place keeps me in check that I do things right or be considered a "Hack".

Thanks to all,
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom