Help! Double sided tape stuck in carpet!

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Hey Guys, I'm trying to get this adhesive out of some old commercial carpet, they used this tape to hold throw rugs from sliding- now it's in the main carpet & turned black. I'm posting pics of before & after using power solvent - bone tool, and then RotoVac w/brush like a 1/2 dozen times - I'm not getting it, now the adhesive is on my vacuum hose, sticky in my filter, just nasty. Thank you....

Attachments

• IMG_9521.JPG
    IMG_9521.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_9522.JPG
    IMG_9522.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_9567.jpg
    IMG_9567.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 504

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Do you have a steamer? i have a black and decker steamer and that may work for you. i use it in repairs to activate adhesives and ive used it to soften glues and even caulking on shower repairs

Name
Jeff T
You need to use a product called oil flo....... it stinks, but it works.... last Thursday, I slammed through about 40' of tape residue.... I poured it on, left it for 10 min. then used my gum tool to break it up.... it took me about 15 min.......

Name
Jeff T
im always worried about delam
Ok, let me rephrase what I said....' I put it in a trigger sprayer, sprayed it on, let it sit for 10 min...... blah, blah, blah......' yes, if you soak the carpet straight from the bottle, you can cause de laming...... keep it on the affected area......

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
youtube and type into the search - saiger tape residue - and videos come up...it's a 3 parter...you will be an expert!

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Wtf is Power Solvent?
Chris @ Sierra Cleaning gets it for me - it's the best for stains the brushhead won't quite get out, works great on gum, grease, oil, I use on almost every job, it made the carpet look better - but couldn't really touch this nasty adhesive. (When we were kids with our dirt bikes & hot rods, we mixed 1/2 gasoline & 1/2 diesel in a fuel can & that was our parts cleaner...)

Attachments

• IMG_9572.JPG
    IMG_9572.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
So a few years ago I was on "That Metal Show" (4 episodes total), so I got called out of the audience to "Stump Eddie Trunk" the guest was Def Leppard's drummer Rick Allen, well anyway I got Eddy, and the gal came out with the gifts & I grabbed a Def Leppard DVD, so now I'm thinking did I just "Stump the web master cleaner Mikey P?" on Power Solvent? (please make a note of it) :rockon::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_9068.PNG
    IMG_9068.PNG
    840.2 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Guys, I'm trying to get this adhesive out of some old commercial carpet, they used this tape to hold throw rugs from sliding- now it's in the main carpet & turned black. I'm posting pics of before & after using power solvent - bone tool, and then RotoVac w/brush like a 1/2 dozen times - I'm not getting it, now the adhesive is on my vacuum hose, sticky in my filter, just nasty. Thank you....

Don't know if these will help...

But yes, that job can still be a workout

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
I called the company & they said "No heat, steam, or solvents." They said to use baby powder with a brush & then vacuum it up. I'm going to try it today and I will watch Mark's video's this evening.

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora

That's basically what I did, just used Power Solvent and a bone tool. I could try it with your products, but the carpet is worn, wrinkled, fraying, at this point I don't feel it's worth the effort. If the carpet was in decent shape - that would be a different story. Thanks Mark Your videos are helpful for sure!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lmao I tried it and instead of a black stripe - it's now a white baby power stripe. I'm heading over tomorrow to work it some more & see if I can get it better....
If you use the pros choice power he'll and a brush, also bring some defoamer. That stuff will kill your CFM.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
For adhesive and gum, I use Cleanmaster's OJ.

I hate it when my customers tell me what not to use. I didn't know they were the professionals.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Vacaway's Hell Gell and PIG. Put down the HG(spread it out evenly), let it dwell, scrub with a towel(most of the residue should come off onto the towel. Resist the urge to use water to soon). I like to let it dry and come back and wipe and left over residue with PIG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom