Help me find the right vacuum cleaner

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I heard there were problems with 3 and 4 so thats why i started with 5 knucklenutz.

Golden Boy

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
All Kirbys going back to Generation 3 (made in 1989) have Tech Drive power assist.

All Kirby Generation machines use the same motor, transmission, pivot plate, bracket cam and pickup fan.

Grant

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well I gave the Kirby a fair shake. I used it exclusively for the last several weeks. While I think its a good vacuum, I don't believe it comes even close to my sanitaire in pure cleaning power. I will say after using the Kirby with the tech drive for a while when I went back to the sanitaire Friday it gave me a pretty good workout.

I'm glad I gave it a try but I'm even more glad that I didn't have to buy one in order to try it.

Bottom line is a person would be much better off to spend $200 on a brand new sanitair than $200-300 on an old kirby. Just order plenty of belts and a couple of the rollers that drive the belt, I think changing every 6-12 months helps the belts hold up a bit longer. Truth is I can change the belt on the sanitaire faster than I can change the bag on the Kirby so it's really not a big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do you use a bagged Sanitaire Joey?

I use the sc887b, dust cup.

I've decided that being able to see exactly what I pulling out of the carpet and let the customer see ,when appropriate, is more important than better filtration.

I've had many very impressed customers after seeing what my sanitaire pulled and you'll never get that with the bags. Even if you do what Grant does and give each bag to the customer its just not as impressive, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The bags I use have a 2-3inch opening and go along the full length of the brush. I can open them up to dump out the crap and reuse it or open them up to clearly show the custy.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The thing I would like to know is why do they build vacuums with such little power draw. It would seem to me that they should be powered to use a full 15 amp circuit. More is better.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
What are the pros and cons between using a full bristle brush compared to the one row spiral bristle brush that is so commonly used ??

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
The thing I would like to know is why do they build vacuums with such little power draw. It would seem to me that they should be powered to use a full 15 amp circuit. More is better.

Maybe they figure that the light in that room is on the same circuit and having light does help the process.

Reactions: FredC

Grant D

Mardie are you using the Mighty Mouth vacuum? Have they discontinued that one yet seems hard to find it around any more but looks like a great performer...

Also wondering is it hard to push? Do you use something else for stairs and edging?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie are you using the Mighty Mouth vacuum? Have they discontinued that one yet seems hard to find it around any more but looks like a great performer...

Also wondering is it hard to push? Do you use something else for stairs and edging?

Ya I use the mighty mouth and they are still making them. www.atrix.com It can be hard getting started to push ahead on deeper pile so I just use my foot to give it a nudge. Good weight on the head makes it a real digger. I can stuff the bag full of hair with no problem. Also great for fine particulate such as dry wall dust. The Big Mouth is real easy to use on steps. I use a Sanitaire back pack vacuum with a 2 stage vacuum motor for all my edging. I use a wand with a crevice tool for this. I find that with 2 hands on the wand that I can really scrub out all the edges. I have a G4 for my home and love that wheel drive motor. Never had a problem with it since I bought it new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom