Help me with deciding on a pre scrubber

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Hey guys,

Actually I think im going to get the Oreck Orbiter just for that added agitation on hammered carpet before HWE. I also like the idea of being able to scrub out grout with it as well. I looked at the Brush Pro and CRB and I feel there overkill for what I need. Great machines but not for what I need. I am wondering the difference between the models of the Orbiter? There's a 400, 550, 600 all say XL? But I can't find any real difference on them? Anybody here know and use these?

Also, I have heard of problems with swirl marks from other machines as well as flowering the yarn real bad. I hear these don't do that? Maybe them weighing only 24pounds helps with that? I really like the size, weight and price point of these and just wanted to hear from some about them, and what extras to get as far as pad wise.

My reasoning behind this choice is I very rarely see really dirty carpet, limited space in vans, I like the weight for easy in & out of vans, can scrub grout as well.

I really would like to eventually have it all but not until a box truck or two. Then I want the 360i as well. I already have a large heavy 175 mainly used on stone work jobs. Stays at office unless stone job scheduled.

Thanks in advance

Jimbo

The Oreck Orbiter is my first choice for a prescrubber...I use the Black brush...I have no ideas about different model #...I will look at mine and report back.

I have 4 years of prescrubbing every traffic lane on mine...the thing just keep on spinning!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
you consider a Host? they are lighter weight as well. i've used to have 1 for prescrubbing my prespray. worked great. but getting the gears wet might be a concern in the long term.

Jim sounds like he knows best here. the lower weight Oreck machine will help reduce any chance of tip bloom greatly. you'd have to be totally oblivious and careless to bloom a carpet using one of those 24LB machines.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Orecks kick ass on steps. Prescrub and encapping.

I also use mine to demo encap jobs.

With a demo it's not uncommon to get the job for the same or more than HWE.

For large areas use the 175

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Jimbo said:
The Oreck Orbiter is my first choice for a prescrubber...I use the Black brush...I have no ideas about different model #...I will look at mine and report back.

I have 4 years of prescrubbing every traffic lane on mine...the thing just keep on spinning!

Thanks, let me know. I do see there is a a 1/3hp & 1/2 but that is all I can tell. Obviously I will go with the 1/2hp

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Derek said:
you consider a Host? they are lighter weight as well. i've used to have 1 for prescrubbing my prespray. worked great. but getting the gears wet might be a concern in the long term.

Jim sounds like he knows best here. the lower weight Oreck machine will help reduce any chance of tip bloom greatly. you'd have to be totally oblivious and careless to bloom a carpet using one of those 24LB machines.

Thanks Derek,
I did but I am going to use for scrubbing grout as well.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For grout I use a hard brush and tip it to the side to get into the recessed grout lines.

If you do this watch so it doesn't throw stipper if you use heavy duty stuff)

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Royal Man said:
Orecks kick ass on steps. Prescrub and encapping.

I also use mine to demo encap jobs.

With a demo it's not uncommon to get the job for the same or more than HWE.

For large areas use the 175

Thanks, tell me what I should use for encap? Pre treat? And what would you typically encap? Only commercial? Or I hear about if your worried about wicking, say on a Berber carpet?

Mikey P

Administrator
yosemitetrip054.jpg

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I've had mine for 8 years or so. They used to have a commercial division where they sold the stronger machine with all the brushes and pad holder for hundreds less than the consumer version. It can bloom tips. Not really heavy enough for serious scrubbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom