Helping the other guy...

Name
Jeff T
how many of you will help the local competition? BESIDES MARK SAIGER? I had 2 calls today from local guys. They are both from different cities, and both own older TM’s. They both are broken down. For some reason, I agreed to rebooking my jobs for Thursday,( some stinky, cat pee area rugs, and 2 other jobs), to help these guys out. Am I crazy?

Name
Jeff T
no
it's good karma
or as another creed phrases it

"you reap what you sow"

..L.T.A.
The one job, the guy does subbing for the biggest PM company around. I won’t lie, I want the contract. I just don’t want to be a DICK to get it.... the other guy has asked me if I want to purchase his company. He’s asking 3 times what it’s worth. Business is a lot like chess.... succeed at one, and the other comes easy....

steve_64

I use to help another local guy and he helped me. I'm still here he's not.

If they are offering to sell they won't be around much longer.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Naw. You’re good. I do it all the time and they do it for me. There’s enough work for us all.

Reactions: Jimmy L
Name
BradFenstermaker
What comes around goes around.
I just had to be helped Thurs and Fri last week.

Have had a friend for over 12 yrs here local.
It's a given that we each have a backup when we need each other.

We double down on schedule and knock both out. Sometimes we have to put customer's on a Comcast schedule. Everybody understands.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lots of leeches in this game...

world of difference helping a schmuck compared to the average Joe/Jane just trying to do the right thing and get along
just like you, me and most of us out there

or...

you can be cutthroat pr1ck and flip off the comp when you see them going down the road too

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
All has to do with character. Know a lot of them that are shady as can be. Cut throat not good people.

steve_64

I tried talking to a few different people here when I see them at the gas station.

Jerks lol.

But then again they can't find work because of me. Their wives call asking to buy my biz but I ain't selling.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I hardly think people in their final moments of existence are grateful for everything that they got paid to do, nor are they remembered for the times they turned away those in need.

This business, my father, and myself would not be here but for people who did things for us that we can never repay.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
People that don't help others or live with the absence of gratitude are doomed to a life of missed opportunities.

People that are more concerned about the tax breaks rather than the actual works of their efforts drive me nuts.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Sometimes I just cant get do a job in the timetable the customer wants so I always want to have a reference handy so I can point them in the right direction. Ive gone through a few cleaners over the years. One I referred actually bragged about how his equipment was superior to mine. The next - actually was a Certified Carpet Inspector - did great work and then all of a sudden got shoddy. For the last 5-7 years I have been referring to another company and they refer to me when they cant get to it. Works out Great.

We never worked on the same job before and I don't know how it would work if one of our TMs broke down, but we both have an Apex and they just don't break down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom