Here I Go Again

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Richard Chavez & other avid Cimex users.

Never stop learning, never stop improving.

A few weeks ago, I commented that I was going to have some modifications made to the support bracket that sits under the solution tank.

My mate has been over this morning & fitted it.

He also left me with a spare plate should ever I need it, it does need a minor bit of cutting, but nothing major.

This plate is a much heavier gauge & is stainless steel.

Here's a few pics for those that may be interested.

Shows the fitted plate, the old plate, + comparisons.

upload_2018-2-3_11-38-2.jpeg

upload_2018-2-3_11-38-37.jpeg

upload_2018-2-3_11-37-34.jpeg

upload_2018-2-3_11-39-2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Fred, dunno what happened there.

Can you please delete those extra pics??

This plate will spread the weight of the solution tank better, hopefully.

Cup/beers holders are still there, just removed so we had better access to measure the plate under the tank.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard Chavez & other avid Cimex users.

Never stop learning, never stop improving.

A few weeks ago, I commented that I was going to have some modifications made to the support bracket that sits under the solution tank.

My mate has been over this morning & fitted it.

He also left me with a spare plate should ever I need it, it does need a minor bit of cutting, but nothing major.

This plate is a much heavier gauge & is stainless steel.

Here's a few pics for those that may be interested.

Shows the fitted plate, the old plate, + comparisons.

View attachment 77362

View attachment 77363

View attachment 77361

View attachment 77364
I like that Shorty! Makes a lot sense, holds tighter. :cool:

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I understand $Marty.

Alabama isn't it?? :icon_razz:

As you know, I'm from down under where you see us different.

"Damon" , is "Nomad" in reverse, so we just keep on wandering to improve the world for the rest of you mate.

We do this while others just keep "Wondering" how to do it, & look on in awe at what we've done. :stir: :arrrr:

:yoda:

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I understand $Marty.

Alabama isn't it?? :icon_razz:

As you know, I'm from down under where you see us different.

"Damon" , is "Nomad" in reverse, so we just keep on wandering to improve the world for the rest of you mate.

We do this while others just keep "Wondering" how to do it, & look on in awe at what we've done. :stir: :arrrr:

I love the Australians. You are such a hearty bunch. Always making the best out of feathers and chicken wire. I’m going to restore a Chevy El Camino in your honor.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Old Coastie, I of all people know that size matters, but I also know that it's not the size of what you put in, but also how you move it. :twisted:

Hence I am ambidextrous & have two sizes, not just one that fits all tastes. :very_drunk:

upload_2018-2-4_8-30-3.png

Any questions ?? :very_drunk:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Shorty, that's a Ute in case you're wondering.

C'mon cobber, we got Chevvies down under also ya know?? I've loved the Camino's for many years..

Back in the early '60's, not to long after they came on the market, there was a magazine dedicated the the El Camino and how these guys would covert them into hot rods, etc;

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
C'mon cobber, we got Chevvies down under also ya know?? I've loved the Camino's for many years..

Back in the early '60's, not to long after they came on the market, there was a magazine dedicated the the El Camino and how these guys would covert them into hot rods, etc;
Just pulling your leg Shorty. I know the Australians are just as car crazy as the Yanks. I used to watch the Aussie V8 racing. Great racing, I'd like to see more of them migrate to Nascar.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
's'okay, I was just stirrin' ya.

Or taking the piss. :winky::lol:

A little bit of history for ya.

The worlds' first "Closed Cab" utility was developed by Henry Ford in 1928, and whilst the (1927–1931) Roadster Pickup was produced in the United States from 6 years earlier, Henry is claimed to be the first company to produce an Australian "ute".

This was the result of a 1932 letter from the unnamed wife of a Victorian farmer asking for “a vehicle to go to church in on a Sunday and which can carry our pigs to market on Mondays”.

In response, Ford designer Lew Bandt developed the ute and the model called a "coupe utility" at the time was released in 1934.

When the Australian version was displayed in the US, Henry Ford nicknamed it the "Kangaroo Chaser".

A convertible version, known as the roadster utility was produced in limited numbers by Ford in the 1930s.

In 1951, GMH released a "utility" model, which was based on the FX 48 model.

With both Ford and Holden now producing utes, this started the long-standing tradition of Australian-designed 2 door vehicles with a tray at the back, based on a passenger-car sedan chassis.

It is common, particularly in rural areas, to customise utes in the "bullshit style" with, spotlights, oversized flaps, exhaust pipe flaps and aerials.

The ute culture has been romanticised by country singers, who have written odes to the ute such as She's My Ute, Scrubbabashin, Baptise The Ute and Love Shack.

High performance utes are also sold in Australia, which recorded a top speeds of 271 kilometres per hour (168 mph).

Keep on truckin'

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
's'okay, I was just stirrin' ya.

Or taking the piss. :winky::lol:

A little bit of history for ya.

The worlds' first "Closed Cab" utility was developed by Henry Ford in 1928, and whilst the (1927–1931) Roadster Pickup was produced in the United States from 6 years earlier, Henry is claimed to be the first company to produce an Australian "ute".

This was the result of a 1932 letter from the unnamed wife of a Victorian farmer asking for “a vehicle to go to church in on a Sunday and which can carry our pigs to market on Mondays”.

In response, Ford designer Lew Bandt developed the ute and the model called a "coupe utility" at the time was released in 1934.

When the Australian version was displayed in the US, Henry Ford nicknamed it the "Kangaroo Chaser".

A convertible version, known as the roadster utility was produced in limited numbers by Ford in the 1930s.

In 1951, GMH released a "utility" model, which was based on the FX 48 model.

With both Ford and Holden now producing utes, this started the long-standing tradition of Australian-designed 2 door vehicles with a tray at the back, based on a passenger-car sedan chassis.

It is common, particularly in rural areas, to customise utes in the "bullshit style" with, spotlights, oversized flaps, exhaust pipe flaps and aerials.

The ute culture has been romanticised by country singers, who have written odes to the ute such as She's My Ute, Scrubbabashin, Baptise The Ute and Love Shack.

High performance utes are also sold in Australia, which recorded a top speeds of 271 kilometres per hour (168 mph).

Keep on truckin'

That’s why I said I would restore an El Camino in your honor. I know you hearty buggers love UTEs.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Peeps don't have a real good name down under.

My older mates tell me that in Vietnam, the Yanks wanted to swap their Peeps for the Pommy/Aussie Land Rovers??

My only indiscretions were with some Navajos, but that was back in '80, so it doesn't really count. :oldrolleyes:

No papooses, only cranky Papa's. :icon_redface:

Where were we?? :hopeless::icon_twisted:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom