here you go Studebaker..

Mikey P

Administrator
flexstar_ad_space3.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Another improvement for the adjustable speed T-Rex, Mikey.

We also have the production pad driver available.

Larry

P.S. Mikey;
Did you notice the carbon fiber helmets in the SuperBowl ??

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Goodness, I would hate to be the poor assembler at the factory - that's a lot of parts and pieces....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it works and holds up it will be the "the shit!" If it fails to holdup and falls apart..... it will just be shit!

By first appearance the complexity would have me concerned but as I said if it can stand the test of time, it will dominate.

Only time will tell.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you really going to compare a helmet that may see a head to head blow or two to a floor machine handle that is stressed 100% of the time while in use?

That fruit slice has effected your brain cells.

Name
I'm Rick James
Here is a photo of the carbon fiber helmet:

View attachment 3816
Shows that they don't think it will fail.

Larry

That isn't carbon fiber.. carbon fiber wouldn't last on a football helmet, the impact from the legion of boom would destroy the carbon fiber in one hit. They DO have carbon fiber leg pads though.

I was at the hawk rally with 700,000 strong..

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If it works and holds up it will be the "the shit!" If it fails to holdup and falls apart..... it will just be shit!

By first appearance the complexity would have me concerned but as I said if it can stand the test of time, it will dominate.

Only time will tell.
Time will tell, that's for sure.

Though, how is that any different in complexity, than the RX-20, that has been holding up quite well?
The carbon fiber tube, if indeed it fails, would be a relatively simple fix.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer look at what is used to allow it to float. Lots of small parts bolted together for each head. Each one "could" be a weak link. ??? Throw in dirt and debris that "could" get trapped in there, anything is possible.

I personally hope it works, having a machine that can float over glue down would be nice to have. So fingers crossed here! :icon_cool:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Richard, you're making a good point.

That's why it is so nice to have all those people that like to buy the latest and 'bestest'.
They do all our beta testing at full price and by the time we buy, all the kinks have been straightened out.

God (Goddess?) bless all beta testers :very_drunk:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
A quote from Bell, one of the largest safety helmet manufacturers:

[QUOTEJoe Rocket Speedmaster Carbon Helmet

Highlighted by carbon fiber inside and out, the Joe Rocket Speedmaster Carbon helmet does little to hide its raw performance nature. Laid out in a 4 x 4 weave, the aerodynamic carbon fiber shell is both exceptionally light and strong while giving an unmistakably sporty look. And when the heat rises, vents in the chin, forehead and back pull air into the QWICKDRY™ interior. Still priced under the competition, the Speedmaster Carbon gives the sportbike rider their own little bit of racing exotica.
  • Ultra Lightweight Full Application 4 x 4 Carbon Fiber Weave Shell ][/QUOTE]

4 x 4 is definitely a carbon fiber weave.

Not positive on the Seahawk helmet, but I did hear that it was carbon fiber composite.

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Even if the helmet is made of carbon fiber aren't we talking about different stresses. An impact vs constant twisting and turning over its life.

Worse we've seen how drilled holes weaken the integrity of the shaft. :errf:

Name
I'm Rick James
I can easily see the carbon fiber shaft getting weak at the point it connects to the trex.. looks cool though.

The real concern is the rash of chrome peeling off on the trex.. just read 3 different people have the issue.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just by looking at it ...I really don't think much needs to be said....time will tell how well it will hold up..........

but no matter how hard they try..........nothing will beat this one..............

PC220821-1_zps444cfae4.jpg

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That Hoss head flexible, Jim?

Does it work well on CGD carpet?

the shoes..( vac ports ) have some flex......I do all the carpet in Katie's school and it works great...

sucked all that imbedded sand and dirt right out of it with ease........

IMG_0309.jpg

P1010549.jpg

P1010550.jpg

there is not a carpet out there that I have not pounded this machine on with nothing but great results........

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Not positive on the Seahawk helmet, but I did hear that it was carbon fiber composite.

Where did you hear that? I don't think they even try it experimentally. The SB SSH helmet is a Riddell Revolution SPEED. Oregon uses the same with a HydroFX applied carbon fiber "looking" graphic.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Just by looking at it ...I really don't think much needs to be said....time will tell how well it will hold up..........

but no matter how hard they try..........nothing will beat this one..............

PC220821-1_zps444cfae4.jpg

Looks far more durable then a rotovac, reminds me of an rx20. My problem is the rv is so light, little worried about carrying that thing up/down stairs all day for the operator. :dejection:

End of the day probably will end up following your advice. I prefer heavy duty equipment anyway and you are right an awful lot...

The weight of the RV keeps sticking in my head though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Demien, Cup and Appleby all have one.

will any of them have the flexstar..........??

I am hearing threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that they are not in full production as of yet ...(?)..............

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
will any of them have the flexstar..........??

I am hearing threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that they are not in full production as of yet ...(?)..............
Your right Jim the flex star head is not in stores just yet. I had it for a few weeks , and used it on cgd and reg pile carpet.
The pad driver head is available now. I don't think you,ll see the flex star at MF . I don't see the point of talking about here if its gonna start a pissing contest. But if I get to MF I'd he happy to talk to you about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom