Hey Rotovac

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Did you take a Ranger/360i combo to St Pete? I would be very glad to hear user reactions. Yes I know it is not a truckmount, but as an upgraded portable rig (which what I am looking for, is it any good?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Stephen, Several years ago, I bought the predecessor to the Ranger, which was the CFX (small tank), with the (I think 17 gallon) docking station.

To be honest, I found the docking station to be a real P.I.T.A. if you had to take it upstairs as it is a long configuration as opposed to an upright machine where all the weight is over the rear wheels.
The old "Docking Station" had NO manual waste or dump valve, so I installed my own by adding a two way adaptor where the water comes out to the pump.
I connected a hose to this and ran it to the front of the machine where I had an on/off tap.
One down-side, which really never worried me, was that I only got the low pressure pump, but no big deal.
Sorry about the big pic.

upload_2017-2-25_17-45-11.png

Consequently, I ended up just using the CFX & hooking up to a faucet.
With the 360i, this gave great results when needed.

I also have sold the above unit & since bought the CFX-15 module.
Now that I also have the carpet brush, results are even better.
I also use it regularly to clean upholstery using either the ShearDry, or even the Sapphire or HydroKinetic tools as well as the tool that came with my "Hot Spot" small extractor with heat.

Many knock Rotovac products, but I have only had good things to say about them as they have never let me down.

Just my thoughts on it for you.

:yoda:

EDS

Name
Ed
So you had to do a mod from from a product you bought from a company that hires so called professional engineers to design a product the mass produced a a product that could be improved upon by a customer purchasing their product (run on sentence I know). Good for you!

Not my style. I know my customers would not put up with that shxt. But you do. I could not offer that logic to them.

All the best too you. Once you know how your customers behave you will know their needs. That's I what I offfer...

Reactions: Jimmy L

EDS

Name
Ed
Told you would not iike me once you got to know me. Just don't go Trump on me and band me from the press corps...

Signed

Whinny little bitch that has been abusing the public for far to long..

EDS

Name
Ed
WTF... I'm supposed to be left leaning with right Tedacies ...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mate, I really don't know what your problem is, wrong time of the month for you??
Or do you have a substance abuse problem??

Whatever, as a distinguished Gentleman here often say's. I.D.G.A.S. & I really don't.

I always like to improve whatever it is I purchase.
Nearly every carpet cleaning machine, including TM, I have improved upon
I have some great wands, I made them better by attaching Green Glides.

Bought a great Cimex machine, great machine as it is.
Improved it by adding Big Wheels.
Also a sign to go on the front of the solution tank.

I bought a Sprayborg, modified it to take the solution bottle easier.
Also a sign to go on the front of the solution tank similar to the Cimex.

I have other equipment made to my specifications that suit me.
I don't care if nobody else likes it, they don't matter.

I married at 23.
Improved that by getting divorced at 31 & getting married again at 37.
After 35 years, I couldn't be happier.

Each home I have owned, I have modified and improved.

Same with my vehicles, stock standard is never good enough for me, I always like to tinker & improve.

If you live in a perfect world where everything you purchase is just oh so perfect, then good for you.
But again, REALLY, I.D.G.A.F.

Prior to buying the Rotovac, I was aware, and was told, how to empty the solution tank.
I accepted that & believed that it would suit me better to do it a different way.
I.D.G.A.S. if no-one else likes what I've done.
I didn't do it for them.
I did it for me.

Have a great weekend.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Back to the original topic; Shorty and Mike, the suitcase sized unit looks like a toy and the idea of running a pressurized fresh water supply hose bugs me. That's why the Ranger seems attractive.

I should think any unit that can pump out (God, how I hate toting buckets) would be effective. My concern is that the CFX wouldn't have enough suck to really power the 360i.

Last question: What is the hose length limit with this unit? I understand Shorty when he says the balance makes it hard to go upstairs; with my porty I almost never haul it up, using up to 75' in a home. It works okay. Last Thursday I spent a long time scrubbing the same job twice in order to get that infernal grey out of shag. My back needs an assistant.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Rolland, no problem mate, been there & done that myself many times in the past

Thank God computers with FB & Forums were only just starting. :winky:

Coastie, try it on site with the lengths of hose you wish to use.

I don't really know how my unit would compare with those in the 'states with the power difference, 110 volt/ 240 volt??

I carry 100' in the van. 1 x 50', 1 x 30', & 1 x 20'

I've used mine with 80' of hose, but wouldn't go much further.

Normally, 50' is all I ever need, sometimes I just use the 30'.

One thing, it is a high-pitched, noisy little fecker. :lol:

The 360i is very versatile in that if I'm not completely satisfied with the cleaning or dry, I can simply change the carpet brush head to a block head, chuck a bonnet under it & finish it off.

Some jobs, ( condo's ), I'll take only the 360i up a few flights of stairs with my FlexiPro and bonnet clean the carpet due to it's low weight & time factor.

Re; your back, had the same problems before, now I'm up for a couple of knee replacements, so I take all weight, balance of equipment & reliability into consideration before buying.

Add to this, age is not really on my side, as I'll hit 72 in a couple of weeks time & dreading the day when I have to stop & sit at home with the trouble & strife.

Might even have to go to bingo with her. :dejection::(

Hope this is of some help.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Back to the original topic; Shorty and Mike, the suitcase sized unit looks like a toy and the idea of running a pressurized fresh water supply hose bugs me. That's why the Ranger seems attractive.

I should think any unit that can pump out (God, how I hate toting buckets) would be effective. My concern is that the CFX wouldn't have enough suck to really power the 360i.

Last question: What is the hose length limit with this unit? I understand Shorty when he says the balance makes it hard to go upstairs; with my porty I almost never haul it up, using up to 75' in a home. It works okay. Last Thursday I spent a long time scrubbing the same job twice in order to get that infernal grey out of shag. My back needs an assistant.
What kind of portable are you using now Stephen?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the EDIC machines but you are limited by the 1 1/2 inch plumbing. If you can, check out some of the Mytee portables. 2-3 stage vacs in parallel and 500 psi pump. You can leave the machine at the base of the stairs and run up to 100 ft of 2 inch hose to get to where you need to go. Heavy machines that have problems going up and stairs but are available in auto fill/pumpout. May need 1 20 amp circuit

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
You know, 100 feet will pretty mich go anywhere in any house. Thursday's job had me worried, but the 75 feet made it everywhere with no problem. But, I had to scrub (meant haul my Duplex up stairs) then wand it out. If I could just haul the RV upstairs, I'd scrub and recover all at once. Would have saved me hours. Now that the elves are all gone, I have to rethink the donkey work.

Reactions: SamIam and Shorty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom