High heat problems?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I did a rat nasty today and I turned up the heat a bit more than normal on it. I noticed after doing the first room that (in the 2nd room) my solution line had heat set the soil in the carpet. Man, it was a real bitch getting that line out of the carpet!

What do you V/AT folks do about that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I honestly cant say I have ever had that problem........I am set at 230 at the machine and that is plenty hot enough..... I don't use parker..........as you sure it it not from the pulsation of the hose

the only time I really worry about my line is if I run it across a wood floor...

and I carry tarps for that

maybe everyone runs hotter then me

Greenie

Goodyear crap.

So ya baked the prespray into the dirt?

Did ya respray the baked line, or is this a BS post?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Greenie & Mikey have bumped their heads, again.

The parker hose will leave the lines also and I can run the heat to prove it.
I have found that it just takes extra rinse passes and dry strokes to remove.

G

Parker will leave the same line . could also be when presprayed , you missed the spot cause the hose was on it. paraflex turns to a wet noodle when using really high heat. just real good marketing from a guy who does not clean carpet.

Rex Tyus

Parker may leave lines. But it don't spew black death. If I had bought my Parker hose one week earlier than I did I would have saved money on a hiring a painter.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No, Green Bean, I'm serious. It was a baked in line. The room had been presprayed prior to the hose running across it. This has happened to me only a couple, or so, times in my career, but yesterday made me wonder if REAL heat cleaners have this problem more often.

The self-righteous dickon's comment was really lame.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Use your tact pie and just use a "HOT" prespray next time and you won't need high heat.

Mikey P

Administrator
Even IF Parflex did leave a line since you're suppose to rinse you way OUT of a room why is it even a problem?

Some of you guys go way out of your way to make life difficult.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't have a V/AT but Powematics make mucho heat.

Cut pile olie or polys are the only time we're concerned with pile distortion when using Parker.

When we used GY Ineptune, it was a serious concern and we actually permanently distorted a trashed oile cut pile where the line laid the longest by the entrance.

The best thing to do to avoid it, is not let the sol line lay in the same spot for any length of time.
Or if it's running down a hall while you're cleaning bed rooms or sump'tin, put it next to the base board in the hall.
If it does distort the pile, it won't be as noticable.

and Nick, I'm a "real" CCer.
I got nothing to sell, and have been using Parker 15 out of 17 years.
I wouldn't hit dog in the a$$ with Ineptune or any steel braid, black water spewing, instant failure prone, hot, heavy JUNK!!!!

..L.T.A.

Devin Munroe

Martin,

The high heat dried the prespray and once prespray dries it no longer works. Just rewet that area to reactivate the prespray and it will come out. Keep your hose off the traffic lanes in the future and along the edge and you will be fine. We have a PowerMatic and clean with 250 degree water all day.

Fon Johnson

No, I get what Marty is saying. If you pre spray, then pull hoses and clean your way out the hot hose will cause the surrounding fibers to quickly dry, and it won't rinse out. You have to re-apply the pre spray and then rinse, much the same as when you lay a wand down on a pre sprayed carpet and the vacuum quickly dries it and leave a black streak after you clean it.

You have to use more pre spray, do smaller areas, or work you way in instead of out. Working your way into the area does not hurt if your shoes are clean (or if you wear booties like Marty) and your hoses are clean. It is is a big issue with footprints etc. you can make some quick strokes on the way out.

High heat is great, but it can have it's drawbacks.

Black death.. *shudder* I pulled out my short fill hose to fill the sprayer inside a house in the middle of a job once. Just needed another gallon to finish so I popped the fill hose on, dumped a couple ouncess of cleaner in the sprayer, filled it, and put the pre spray down. I imagine the look on my face was priceless as the spray quicklyu turned the carpet black. Gotta love it!

Matt King

Fon pretty much summed it up... And I'm with Larry on the hose. My old Sizzler47 had a 4HT on it and I'd cook water water all day long with that thing. I had old Parker hose from my Stanley Steemer days that I used with it after my New Neptune hoses all blew apart. The Parker held up great and I still have it sitting in my garage all these years later. The Neptune is buried in a landfill somewhere along with the rest I had to learn my lesson on. Even on my cooler machines like the pto the stuff still wouldn't hold up to every day abuse. The 3/8" Goodyear hose is sturdy but way too big and heavy to lug around every day imo.. People complain about Parker 'coiling' but oddly enough that's what I like. I don't use solution reels as I prefer to wrap hoses in 50 ft. sections and hang them up. The coiling characteristic makes this a snap..

G

You will notice , I never once said good year was good stuff. Goodyear works , My first set of hoses from goodyear lasted 5 years. Never had spew the black death. I have been cleaning carpets for 15 years and I have used paraflex and have the scar to prove it on my foot.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
But Meat, your not IN and OUT in 10 mins. like an Apt. Whore....lol

you trying to hurt my fillinz???

you must have me coRnfuzed with Ron Lipoid
He's the one that cleans 1000sf an hour in res by himself
1500 single wanding w/2 man crew

I think we're pretty efficient and a good average in a typical res for us is 600 to 700sf pr hour

Depending on soil level, we can bang out empties at 800 to 1500sf an hour

Nick, what do you mean "the scar on your foot" when using Parker?
Steel braid is much hotter to touch than Parker.
Also, I've never had Parker split down the side like Ineptune has and only spit one fitting in 15 years that I can remember.
And that was ATM AND it was MY fault.
It was a temporary repair I make with no crimp tool.
I just hammered a 1/4" hose barb in and put a steel clamp on it and ran it like that for months.

I'm glad you got 5 years out of Ineptune.
I couldn't get 5 months out of some of it.
and by a year and a half, I had enough failures to ever want to use it again.

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom