High temp check valves

Name
Jesse
What would it take to get check valves that work at 250+?

Or is it possible to get something like a accumulator?

I was cleaning the other night and noticed a difference between the 12 and 18 flow jets. When releasing the trigger the 12 would spray more of a fan or mist than the 18. The spray from the 18 was like little piss streams. I noticed this because when the carpet was drying in a few areas there was little streaks from the 18 that were still wet. It scared me at first then I figured it out. They dried 45min to 1 hr slower. Looked good after.

I know, I should have taken a pic.

Greenie

So are you saying the little tiny check valves at the jets stay open longer with the 18 flow ?

Since you are post heating with LP past 250º, I imagine the super hot water is getting from the heater to the wand that much quicker, therefor losing less heat in the process and having a net higher heat at the jets.

I can't see a check valve checking under these conditions without it having a spring pressure of 100 psi, and that would seriously choke back flow.

Name
Jesse
I didn't consider staying open longer, so I don't know. I think the jet opening is so large it sprays as a stream with the low flow of the leaky check valves. The 12's puke a lot as well but I think it fans out more.
Just a guess.

Greenie

110º is the widest standard veejet.

Jesse, so you are saying the pissing lil' streams are showing up as some form of wicking even after a dry pass?

We are looking at the seat on the mini-check valves to see if there is something we can do for high heat applications.

RichardnTn

Could it be possible that you are maxing-out the pump's flow rate....what pump are you using.... at 500 psi with a total flow rate of .18 is 6 gpm...that more than a lot of pumps can handle...just a thought...Richard

Name
Lee Stockwell
Richard nailed it. I had just such an experience adapting a Vibra-Vac to an early TM in about 1986. It had seven 11002 jets that worked fine with tap pressure but peed and dribbled on the Bane.

On the other hand the Bane wand worked fine with 3 x 11002 jets and 170 psi bursts.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
humm lee is on to something there....i mean i thought about it before, when i thought about upgrading the pump, matching it with the right HP etc...

so maybe instead of 700 psi atm, i need to tweak it as i have it opened to find the sweet spot, of both psi and flow..

thanks lee and richard

Name
Jesse
I don't have a flow issue as far as I know. The pump is a cp5 and I have punched out some qd's and deleted others. The flow problem isn't until after releasing the trigger, when you don't want flow. The water that is between the jets and the trigger pisses out from the pressure from the heat overwhelming the check valves at the jets.

Greenie, we haven't had visible wicking from it. On some colors of commercial carpet the lines are very noticeable while drying.

We don't make a dedicated dry stroke on most jobs. 1 slow foward after a backward wet gives us 1-3 hr dry times with our setup and cleaning style.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom