High temp dehus?

Name
Evets
Do you use high temp dehus? I'm looking at the Phoenix 270 HT (161 pts at AHAM). Looks like it out performs most of the other ones out there. Not crazy about the metal body. I've always used Drieaz, but it seems like high temp is the way to go.
Any thoughts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is impressive removal.

I like the Drieaz 2800i 130 pints AHAM up to 125 degrees.

I just don't care for the metal look. I know lots of guys that like it but I never have.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The phoenix 270ht is an impressive tool according to the spec sheet. However the 270ht is big and heavy, loading, unloading and moving around a job site could be difficult for one man. Will the insurance company pay for a XXL dehumidifier when an XL may be all that is necessary?

When I am drying a job conventionally (75-80 degrees) lowering the ambient air pressure is key and I want maximum water removal. When I am heat drying (90-125 degrees) I am substantially increasing the vapor pressure in the wet material. So I am more interested in processing as much air as possible, especially at the beginning of the job.

I have the Phoenix 200ht. I like to manually adjust the magnetic strip over the by-pass opening. This way I can decide to either process more air or to remove additional water from the air. The 270ht automatically by-passes air for maximum water removal.

Name
Evets
Tell me about big and heavy, I bought 10 of them yesterday, but I don't anticipate ever having only one man on the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom