Home Owners Association or H.O.A. For some reason I wanted to abbreviate it

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Matt Wood, Sep 6, 2017.

1. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    Bunch of pusses won't post here?

Tee EmF dudes probably
    Bruce Humphrey and PrimaDonna like this.
  2. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    Prima now it's time for you..............TO GO!
  3. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    Idiot
  4. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni
    the answer is ...if they were stupid enough to move into a place with a bunch of nibshitin, noseyazz neighbors that dictate rules they don't like , they're just plain dumfooks

feel free to tell them I said so :winky:

..L.T.A.
  5. Radar Foster
    Radar Foster

Mr Personality

Name:
    Fred Boyle
    Hey Matt... are you playing devil's advocate?

Or are you just profoundly dense?

Meg explained it fairly straight forward. Your argument about them preventing you from earning a living is ridiculous
    PrimaDonna and Jimmy L like this.
  6. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    I don't know anything about it. That's why I brought that up. But wouldn't you be pissed if your neighbor walked up to you after you wrapped your van and said, "I don't like the advertising on your van. It's messing up the value of my property". That's no different than the HOA.

I agree with Meg on the fact that it's all written in the agreement and read before moving there. It's just hard for me to comprehend how people actually go along with that crap
  7. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    It's not rediculous. Would your business do better if you had a magnet on it or a Ryan Kettering lettering or wrap? You'd get more new customer calls from the lettering/wrap

That's what I was referring to
  8. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    It helps protect their investment in their home.

I'd hate to buy in a neighborhood without them especially at the level of house I'm capable of buying. I'm no Fred Boyle so I need something to help keep my neighborhood nice other than price as a barrier to entry.
  9. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    That's a good point. I'm thinking along the lines of a $150k home. Not a $500k home
  10. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    So am I....see edit
  11. Radar Foster
    Radar Foster

Mr Personality

Name:
    Fred Boyle
    Sorry Matt, your arguments are irrelevant to the facts of an HOA document they agree to at purchase

You are clearly dense, the agreements are in place because residents aspire to that type of lifestyle

You are bringing up signage and how it effects your business, your neighbors don't give a shit about how you make a living

wrap your van, just don't park it at home

It's simple
    Bob Pruitt and Matt Wood like this.
  12. Old Coastie
    Old Coastie

Supportive Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Matt, I live in a covenanted area (not HOA). Exceptions are allowed if the adjacent property owners sign off on them and so I'd suggest your friend get and study the HOA rules carefully for any such leeway.

Beyond that, perhaps rent a storage place big enough, hit a deal with his brother in law or something. These things are not new. My Grandfather was a jobber in Philadelphia and often worked in mansions. They had local ordinances prohibiting work trucks like pickups. Talk about retarded, but those people could be real snobs. Well, Grandpa never bought a pickup, he bought station wagons and put his lumber rack on top. It met the letter, if not the spirit of the law and he did very well. The point is to find the opening and exploit it.

Aside, I don't see any need to bust Matt's chops for not liking or agreeing with HOA rules, when he hasn't dealt with them. Maybe it is a Southern thing to chafe against such intrusions that northerners take as normal. We tend to keep our word and abide by our deals, but you have to understand that being bossed around goes down bitterly. In fact, it can get your head punched. Hence the stubborn attitude.
    Plus, he finally got a van for his truckmount so whatnhell do yall want from him?
  13. Derrick T.
    Derrick T.

Name:
    Derrick Andrew Trulson
    I rather rent, and have a small shop somewhere for me to park a van into if i had one for privacy and security. I doubt i would bother buy any kind of house...bleh
    Matt Wood and Old Coastie like this.
  14. Radar Foster
    Radar Foster

Mr Personality

Name:
    Fred Boyle
    First house I was looking to purchase back in the early 90s was in a neighborhood with Covenants... no visible trash barrels, commercial lettered vehicles , unregistered cars etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to live in an HOA community .

Liked the house but didn't buy as a result of not being able to bring home my trucks

People are in my business enough as it is... I go home to escape the bullshit
    PrimaDonna, Old Coastie and Matt Wood like this.
  15. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Then we're on the same page, because I don't live in the HOA either, nor do I want to live in it. The whole reason I started this thread was to see if there was any way to beat the system or get around the fine print for those who want to letter their vehicle. From what I see in all the replies, there isn't.

It never hurts to ask
    Radar Foster likes this.
  16. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    And yet, you keep coming here.
  17. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    Lived in 5 houses and most of the time I moved because of the neighbors. Nosey , barking dogs, idiot teenagers with ghetto music BOOM BOOM in their cars , Big RV's parked in the driveway,always parking in front of MY house, stupid neighbor who insisted on mowing a row on my side of the fence so I wouldn't damage it from my weed wacker.
    This new trailer court I live in has rules........upscale...........but I always keep my trailer's tires filled....... ready to move at a moment's notice.......just in case.
  18. Acp
    Acp

Name:
    Bjorn Marshall
    HOAs are a pain in the ass, personally I would never buy a home in a development with one. We have more cookie cutters being built here than anywhere in the US right now, literally going up by the thousands.

Its like buying a house then not being able to do what you want without approval from someone else. The ones around here you literally cant even landscape the front of your home how you want, has to be approved design.

Cant park trucks in driveways, or on street... cant have a basketball hoop in driveway to play with your kids. IDK personally I would never buy a home with an HOA.
    sOOper hero and Radar Foster like this.
  19. PrimaDonna
    PrimaDonna

Megatron

Name:
    MB
    Completely different.

You know ahead of time you can't do it on the HOA. It's an established rule that you agree to by moving there. People in HOA communities wouldn't come up to you and say that because it's already not permitted and you know it. Invalid statement!

Sure, you can be pissed at a neighbor in a neighborhood without an HOA coming up and saying that. But the fact is there's nothing they can do about it as long as it isn't a voilation of township ordances. . If it bothers them, then they can move to an HOA community or buy a house with land to not deal with it. There are pros and cons to living on both types of communities.
    Radar Foster likes this.
  20. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni
    When you live rural, no ones cares if you have a garden or pee in the grass

LTA