hope a crayon miracle can save my butt

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Not sure if there is anything that can be done with this problem but I'll try to explain as best I can without pictures.

Cleaned a rental for a repeat customer. Used red relief to get rid of 3 kool aid stains. She called and said "you forget to remove the one in the middle of the rug". She said there was still some left. So I thought, ok, no problem, it was a medium olive green and brownish gold check almost herringbone patterned low pile rug, no pad, like CGD. I thought I simply missed some some of the kool aid.

When I arrived, I found a purplish spot in the middle of the rug where I had removed the stain. In a panic I called Pro's Choice tech dept. They said it sounded like I didn't flush the reducer well enough and there was some left that continued to affect the carpet dye. They said to try flushing the area well, pat dry with a towel and apply stain magic.

Is there anything I could do with crayons to fix or reduce the problem so it doesn't stick out as much? I trying to figure out what color to add to purple to get olive? Or do I add something else to cover the purple first and then add a color to that, to get it to olive?

Or am I just screwed and just need to buy some new carpet? I know pictures would probably have helped but I didn't know I was walking into this problem when I left.

Thanks for any suggestions or help. :cry:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee's nailed it. If you do a bath, mix your dye weakly at first and experiment with it. It can cause you a problem if you go too dark. I'd consider giving it a dose of potassium metabisulfite first as you don't know if the tenants tried to remove the stain and if it has a bleach residue, that will neutralize it.

harryhides

Name
Tony
If this is a multi-colored carpet, you will never fix it with liquid dyes.

Lee is right and after using the yellow ( test to see which yellow works the best ) finish it up with the crayon colors that match the carpet colors the best. Final adjustment will involve black white or gray.
If you pick a wrong color, just remove with Iso Propyl alcohol and start over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom