Hose burst at the machine.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My son and his helper were cleaning today.

They were finished at a job and his helper went to shut the machine down.

As he started to shut it down the hose connected to the machine burst on his leg.

IMG_2838.JPG

He's in the ER now and says he can't text because of the pain.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I know one of my son's broke his weedle toe one time and my wife ran him to the ER. We had a long talk after she got back about making the sons big pussies. And I made sure he heard it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hes 6.4 and kinda awkward probably stepped on the line but that shouldn't cause it to break.

But I would jump and he's kinda slow probably didn't realize what was blasting him until it was to
Late.

He was wearing dickeys pants.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya he can't walk right now, says he's out for a week with a few second degree burns.

My son says it took him about 2-3 seconds to figure out when the hose split he was getting sprayed.

I've seen him stand right in front of the machine when he turns it off, I usually stand off to the side.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I was cleaning under a bed in a resort the other day. Actually layed down on the ground to get a better view and was super tight room....

Broke the filter unit off the wand... Right in my face! Full blast water from the quarter inch brass pipe after the shut off!

I moved pretty fast... No burns and was able to make repairs and get back at it....

Felt very lucky!

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
good that he went to the er, now their will be documentation of the incident. If he was an employee osha will want to know how you will prevent that from happening again and how old that hose was and how often you replace them. I was told that if you just have one employee and an accident happens osha will check on it. They are not bad people they just want everyone to be able to work safely.
I have had that happen also on a commercial job. I was using a Zipper SS pressure set at 1000psi, didn't have any pressure inside went outside 230 degree water shooting 15-20 feet from the van. You might say to keep your hoses new but I have had new ones blow as well.
So here is a the question, What safety measures can be put in place so that nobody would get hurt either an employee or a passerby?

Reactions: ronbeatty

rick imby

Name
Rick
good that he went to the er, now their will be documentation of the incident. If he was an employee osha will want to know how you will prevent that from happening again and how old that hose was and how often you replace them. I was told that if you just have one employee and an accident happens osha will check on it. They are not bad people they just want everyone to be able to work safely.
I have had that happen also on a commercial job. I was using a Zipper SS pressure set at 1000psi, didn't have any pressure inside went outside 230 degree water shooting 15-20 feet from the van. You might say to keep your hoses new but I have had new ones blow as well.
So here is a the question, What safety measures can be put in place so that nobody would get hurt either an employee or a passerby?

Use a portable... Chavez on imby's machine

rick imby

Name
Rick
If he truly takes a week off for that, I'd work him for a few weeks after he came back. then when it slows down, lay him off and not rehire--- If he does not develop blisters---he should be back to work next day----my opinion

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
LMAO! I had a shitty hose go out on me last week, my leg looked the same, never skipped a beat!!

What hose are you using?

I'm going all Parker..

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Matt Ross
A couple days ago i arced a 12volt deep cycle rv battery through my wedding ring. It ate away and mostly split my titanium wedding ring. I was talking on the phone and disconnecting my travel trailer battery not paying attention... It blistered all around my finger. Had to cool it off in the dog water bowl just to get the ring off. It literally is down to meat all the way around my finger. My wife was smart enough to not even suggest going in to the ER or clinic or anything. Nothing those idiots can do. I took some Jonny walker, wrapped it up, and kept working through my day. Wish I could post pictures but I can't figure out how to.

Reactions: Jimmy L

SamIam

Name
sam miller
He actually walked up to the machine with his side turned to it to hang a tool back up and it popped and tagged the right side of his leg.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
LMAO! I had a shitty hose go out on me last week, my leg looked the same, never skipped a beat!!

What hose are you using?

I'm going all Parker..

Pretty sure it's 2-3 year old Parker.

I repaired it once.

It the second hose that hardly ever gets used.

My lead line is a Parker 100 footer.

Reactions: Able 1

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
And that's the dif between owners and employees.

Mrs. Coastie brought me a cold beer and said it was because I'm "a hard worker."

I pointed out that "five out of seven days I get carpet vacations from you and your Mom so it hardly seems like work."

Now I got blisters on my ears.

Reactions: Able 1 and SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A few years ago, I burned my hand just being stupid or lazy or whatever. I have a bleed hose that comes right off my heater so I can cool it down after a job. I was trying to use to fill a spray bottle and it slipped in my wet and soapy hands and tore the skin off the back of my left hand. Fortunately, I had a cold water valve on that machine so I immediately ran Coldwater over the burn and finished the job. The customer noticed but I told him it was nothing and I pulled the dead skin off. When I got home, my wife made me go to the hospital where the doctor said there was nothing more he could do. Running the cold water over it was the right thing to do. Don't bandage it and let it air cure.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom