Hose burst at the machine.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2841.JPG

I'm gonna have to check the machine but the bimba may have gotten stuck and my son said the it read about 280 ATM

It popped right behind him soaked his pants.

Other then that I do t know.

Lucky it wasn't worse.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's not the Home Depot valve it's a Joe valve
If I were you, I'd be calling Joe with some choice words just like he does all of his other customers that don't play by his rules. Your rules are: the hose shouldn't bust

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did it pop at the crimp?

Parker usually does the little prick holes warning before it ever blows out.

Personally never seen it happen at the machine. It usually happens at the connection end from bending so much.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpg

Oops nevermind it's the Goodyear that came with my 570 and bimba is stuck on heat.

Three sections of hose I barely used oh well.

Still about 2.5 years old need to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Burnt the back underside of my wrist on the TM exhaust pipe 3 weeks ago, about the size of a silver dollar. Instant skin peel and skin bubbling.

We were on a job cleaning 300 chairs at a church, so I asked if they had any burn cream and a BIG bandaid.

Got it covered and went back to work.

Had to keep it out of the hot tub for 5 days as it was a tad sensitive.

Then Thursday, while doing that huge stretch job, I got hot glue on a finger. Bit off the glue and continued to work and finish that job, which took 5 1/2 hours.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know it's not a diesel heater and all but I kid you not when I tested Tom Meyers 570

With a 12 flow wand I have a feeling his bimba was stuck open too.

Because his temp gauge ATM was sitting around 280 and I got 220 atw on my lie detector.

So say this thing sits stuck after doing steps and isn't getting a lot of flow that initial blast could be really hot.

Working on freeing the bimba now the I'll re grease the shaft.

I could see why guys sell these and put chimps on a 1200se theses are lot less to worry about.

And flame thrower heat isn't always the best when crap fails.

Reactions: ronbeatty

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Like I said it's been used about 10-12 times as a back up for longer runs the Parker is 2-3 years gets used 4-5 times a day 5-6 days a week.

I always replaced my Goodyear every year.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i might add...YOU have supplied ALL the info that a good attorney would go for in a deposition against... YOU...
it's not often that a defendant will supply PICTURES that incriminate himsef....!

Reactions: Jimmy L

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Did I mention he's family? And knows I didn't maliciously cause it?

He feels bad he's gonna miss work.

Also his dad whose my brother in laws brother.

Whose divorced from his mother. Isn't allowed to know he's working at all.

They're making up another story about what happened.

Still I'm gonna pay him for some sick days and if anything else comes up will see.

I haven't texted him this stuff either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love the high heat for when its needed but it sure is tough on valves, hoses and other heat sensitive parts.

I prefer to see what is going on beneath the restrictor. I wonder if the restrictor holds heat in or if its strictly a bend/wear issue.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
Maybe @GeneMiller is on to something with his 5'-10' clear hose over the Goodyear hose end.. Just put it on both ends...

Also maybe it's a lack of maintenance in lubing the Bimba valve, but I haven't read or heard of a prochem unit getting stuck and burning people... Then again I'm stuck on a rock in the middle of an ocean...

Hope your dude feels better... My pops would make me "suck it up also"...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_2854.JPG

What I'm noticing if the rubber protection sleeve getting pushed up a little.

Phil is notoriously trying to
Use brute strength instead of brains.

I have to replace the ends on the courtesy hose 2-3 times a year because he forces it on while the machine is pressurized.

I never have to replace mine because I depressurize the lines before I put them on.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2855.JPG

Two and a half years no problem two months with Phil handles broke off.

He's not angry just aggressive?

Name
Nate W.
Put a 90 on the front of the machine and don't disconnect it... Run the line to the back of the van with a on/off valve.. That's how I setup my TM and LG heater.. Assuming your hose reel is in the back.. I do the same with my vacuum hose, having a short piece connected..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Maybe @GeneMiller is on to something with his 5'-10' clear hose over the Goodyear hose end.. Just put it on both ends...

Also maybe it's a lack of maintenance in lubing the Bimba valve, but I haven't read or heard of a prochem unit getting stuck and burning people... Then again I'm stuck on a rock in the middle of an ocean...

Hope your dude feels better... My pops would make me "suck it up also"...

I've had a hose pop ATM you lose pressure you go out and deal with it.

Just never happened right on
Someone's leg.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Note to self make sure water pump is engaged when testing bimba or it will stay in off position.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Got it free and it's working.

Not that the heat caused it but having the machine getting to hot, then being near it when it popped. Is more like getting hit with propane type heat, not heat exchanger heat.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly thanks for all the good suggestions, need to avoid these type of things at all costs.

Name
Nate W.
Too technical for techs..... Believe me, when I think of making it easier for employees someone can still fook it up....:lol:

Reactions: Erik

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Obviously a case of owner neglect in the maintenance and upkeep of sed cleaning unit......playing this out with the therapy and rehabilitation that will be needed I see a payday for the poor injured employee of at least 12 to 15 GRAND........

Back
Top Bottom