Don forget Parker hose
And may as well include Dicky as co-defendant as well
..it'll take some heat off you......

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
View attachment 72524 View attachment 72525

What I'm noticing if the rubber protection sleeve getting pushed up a little.

Phil is notoriously trying to
Use brute strength instead of brains.

I have to replace the ends on the courtesy hose 2-3 times a year because he forces it on while the machine is pressurized.

I never have to replace mine because I depressurize the lines before I put them on.
Are you saying the cause of this burst is due to the way he attaches the hose to the machine?

It looks to me like the crimp on that hose is expired. Keep in mind that when you recrimp a hose, you cut off about a foot of it to get the weakest part of the hose removed.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG
Before I install new hose on the Aerotech I take it to the hose shop and have 24" of 3/4 radiator hose crimped over both ends. If it blows out, it will not spray you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Reactions: Desk Jockey

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
It is good year and it has a gap between the hose and the sleeve. Never had a problem with hose degrading from the heat.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Are you saying the cause of this burst is due to the way he attaches the hose to the machine?

It looks to me like the crimp on that hose is expired. Keep in mind that when you recrimp a hose, you cut off about a foot of it to get the weakest part of the hose removed.

Not at all it's an older hose that was mostly on the real, when I say older I say older for Goodyear, when I bought that crap I would replace it the first time it broke.

I switched to skinny Shiffer that was better, the parflex which is awesome.

The Goodyear I have now came with the 2.5 year old 570, and 3 month old pro 1200se.

I got 3 50 sections with my 570, and a 100 footer with my pro 1200.

The first think I did was a 100 foot of parflex as the lead line.

The second 50 footer is used 2-3 times a week, apart from where it failed it's in great shape.

Question have you ever tried to attach a hose to a pressurized machine????

It ends up blowing out quick disconnects and pre maturely wears the crimp.

Ps Matt thank for informing me about how to fix a hose to!

Like I said I just throw them away not repair 4-5 times.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So is what I'm hearing you all cut an recrimp every 6 months or a year.

Or just replace?? No ones ever had a hose blow out before because you or your chimp dropped a wand or just use????

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2863.JPG

The newer hose real on the 1200 hates the spring it's a tighter wind the restrictors and ball valve make a huge lump.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Or just replace?? No ones ever had a hose blow out before because you or your chimp dropped a wand or just use????
I buy my hose in 125 foot lengths. I cut and crimp when it starts to get soft at the fitting. When I'm down to 120 ft. I replace the hose.

Reactions: SamIam

Able 1

Name
Keith
My Parker started out with a pin hole spraying out today, but after it warmed up it stopped.. I'll put a new crimp on it tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a field crimp just in case..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

I was lazy last fall at a commercial job. I didn't add another section of solution when I only needed a couple of feet more. I went to the truck and pulled all the slack tight. I was on my last step and pulled too hard and it snapped at the tool.

Super black heated water all over me, the floor and some walls. I quickly pulled the vac hose and cover the river of water. I yelled up to my assistant to shut down the unit. Unhooked and ran another lead. Finished the steps and then began wall washing. :errf:

I blame the Goodyear hose but.....when actually it was the Goodyears hoses fault!!!!
:shifty: :redface: :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was lazy last fall at a commercial job. I didn't add another section of solution when I only needed a couple of feet more. I went to the truck and pulled all the slack tight. I was on my last step and pulled too hard and it snapped at the tool.

Super black heated water all over me, the floor and some walls. I quickly pulled the vac hose and cover the river of water. I yelled up to my assistant to shut down the unit. Unhooked and ran another lead. Finished the steps and then began wall washing. :errf:

I blame the Goodyear hose but.....when actually it was the Goodyears hoses fault!!!!
:shifty: :redface: :winky:
Whats that? Chavez pulling on his hose again? Then he's all surprised when it spurts all over the place?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Kian is trying for a state job a workmans comp claim would pretty much mix that,

So his Mom called said we don't do that but we want a week of pay off. Told my wife that.

Now I talked her made as many assurances as you can that safety is a priority, she say to me we think two weeks pay without work. Because she can't get an appt. with primary care physician until then to clear him for work.

I said that's fine but I would almost have it as a claim because that's why we pay for insurance. And a disability claim for two weeks is nothing.

I asked her so if his leg heals in three days you still want him to wait for his doctor to say it's cool???

Yup.

Well he's dicked 4-5 times because of his mom over the last year and a half.

He took a whole week for her B Day to chores around the house leaving me to run my truck by myself.

I can do it I still have two guy on that other truck 5 days a week.

I'll just pick up the slack.

In the mean time, I'm hiring someone else and severely cutting gimp boys hours.

I've been told 5/6 times how lucky Iam a small child didn't get hurt?

Yup I'm lucky! Kids usually don't play around equipment.

I've personally told him not to step on the hoses attached to the truck 4-5 times, his mother insists that never happened inthis case.

My other guys have seen him
Do it to.

Ps not that that would cause this problem it just doesn't help.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well you are lucky. Last year I had a guy step on a vacuum hose and he turned his ankle. It did swell up bad. He felt bad and took a couple days off and we thought it was over.

3 months later he did it again but this time he needed surgery. Work comp, he was off 6-months, in between he had an apendacitis. That delayed rehab, we figured he was done and we would never see him.

He healed up after surgery and came back. We questioned whether to keep him but we were slammed and he really came through.

3 months later he did it again. He has been gone a year now. I heard he was ready to settle then he had a heart attack.

My work comp went up $217.00 a month. :(

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

steve_64

If you didn't write him up for it it never happened. Start giving written reprimands to protect yourself.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The good and bad of working with family. You are RICH---you own the company-- Cut you slack? no way.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you just ran Paraflex exclusively you would have never had this problem.. Rough lesson learned!

Looks like the mommy's boy can wand pretty good though..

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom