Hose Management

Farenheit251

With so many switching from the hydroforce to battery sprayers is there any reason not to just attatch the pressure line to the vac line and just roll/unroll one hose?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there is a lot of advantages to running a battery sprayer....

It really has nothing to do with hose management....

1) saves gas....when I get to a job after my prep work I don't have to start my truck until after I have sprayed and agitated 2 rooms......and I am ready to clean...with today's prices every bit helps

2 ) If I am cleaning a room and their is one that may need a little more dwell on a few spots at the other end of the house...I don't have to drag a hose all around to spray it......

3) Chemical cost.....my chemical cost got waaay better after I started controlling how it is put on..........the dilution ratio is on the money every time

4) Better dry times... ( Could also go with chemical cost) I am not soaking the carpets with pre spray......most the pre sprays out there are already watered down...so I pour it into a HF and dilute it water...take it into the home and spray it down using.....more water..and we all already know the the metering in not always accurate....

this is just a few that I have found that have helped me....everyone does things different ....it may not apply to everyone...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am using a rocket sprayer right now (soon to change ) and it has the same pump as the new Mytee sprayer ...My fresh tank is normally around 150 degrees and I have never had a problem with anything....Most have to hook up to the client home to run there equipment..a few plumbing fittings and one could make a way to fill with cooler water.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it will become a PITA for you Brian.

the hose and sol never stay nice and neat, get all twisted and snarly.
PITA to try and clean while rolling it up too.

it's easy enough to give it a try though and there's nothing to loose.
Got to Harbor Freight, head to the electrical section and buy a container of plastic zip ties.

let us know you think in a month.
My guess is, you'll go back to the "regular" way

..L.T.A.

TimP

I fill my tank up when it becomes empty with my solution line. I actually get live steam after about a half gallon to a gallon of filling the jug. I'd say it's pretty darn hot. If I spray right after I mix some new I can get steam like when I used the injection sprayer. I've been running a battery sprayer like this for about 6 months or better with no problems. I use powder detergent and I find it dissolves pretty well with the hot water.

Supersucker

I had a 20' hide-a-hose before I went to a 2" wand. I liked it a lot, especially when working alone. It keeps the hose clutter away from you. I have actually been thinking lately about getting another one.

I never have liked the injection sprayers.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Brian I would think a electric reel would be a must. Someone to hold the button and helper to stand back a few feet and straighten everything out as is reels up.

Try it and see how it goes.

John Watson

No problem if you are not using a reel, otherwise it does like Larry is saying. zip ties are nice, but I used a bicycle inner tube cut in 1 inch strips so adjustments can be made from time to time. First did this in 81 when kept hoses in a cube van without a reel. We always use reels now and would be just a reel pain trying to wrap both on same reel there is movement between the 2..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom